PDA

View Full Version : Was this actually a heart attack ?

OntheVerge
30-01-14, 21:59
Monday night SWIM consumed a weed brownie (pls do not lecture me I know the downfall of drug use, thought MJ was harmless now I'm completely turned off of it).
She ended up experiencing what she would describe as a severe anxiety/panic attack for about 15-20 minutes. Hyperventilation, shakey vision, chest tightness, stinging sensations in the nose.
Its been almost 4 days after, SWIM feels chest pain, upper back pain and has some trouble breathing, she also experienced fatigue here and there.

Could SWIM have had a heart attack and not known it???

The day after the attack she went to ER due to short breath and chest discomfort and had an EKG/cardiogram/vitals (bp etc) checked & they all came back normal). Her doctor believed she just had a severe panic attack & sent her off with two Lorazepam to ease her anxiety.

Should SWIM go to her GP and ask to be referred to a heart doctor to further analyze what's happened? Or does SWIM need to rest more and see how it goes?

Fishmanpa
30-01-14, 22:04
...Could SWIM have had a heart attack and not known it???

Nope!

...had an EKG/cardiogram/vitals (bp etc) checked & they all came back normal). Her doctor believed she just had a severe panic attack & sent her off with two Lorazepam to ease her anxiety.

There's your answer

Do you recall the cop who took pot from suspects, made brownies and called 911?

Positive thoughts

harasgenster
30-01-14, 22:11
Do you recall the cop who took pot from suspects, made brownies and called 911?

Positive thoughts

Haha, seriously? Amazing.

Anyway, you've been checked out so you definitely didn't have a heart attack. Pot wouldn't give you a heart attack anyway, as it is a depressant.

Although, depressants like alcohol and pot do still increase your heart rate and if you're prone to anxiety this can produce a pretty severe panic attack.

Sounds like pot isn't for you. It isn't for me either - I used to get nasty panic attacks on that stuff.

Don't worry, your heart is fine. Just dodge the drugs in the future :)

OntheVerge
30-01-14, 22:19
@Fishmanpa there was a cop who consumed weed brownies and then called the cops? I've got to hear this one

@haresgenster it really did feel like I was dying in that moment. I don't think my brain and heart have been so over worked in such a short period of time. I completely passed out after. There will be no more weed for me. Really need some recovery time off of this. I've convinced myself I had a heart attack and I regret it so much!!!

Fishmanpa
30-01-14, 22:47
Here you go... The real 911 call (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8jywTuyaw).

"Time is going by really, really, really slow" ~lol~

I'm an old head from way back and weed doesn't phase me in the least. In fact, MJ helped me more through my cancer treatment then any of the narcs.

Positive thoughts

OntheVerge
30-01-14, 23:13
@fishmanpa I am howling this can't be real oh my lord that's one way to get suspended from your job ahaah

I think it's amazing that you're a cancer survivor, I've lost loved ones in that battle andd it always brightens my day when I can talk to someone who made it through, congratulations to you Fishmanpa:)

When I talk to older people they always say weed back then was organic, the fear & issue today is people casually lace weed with a ton of things and I never thought of that when I took the brownie... really bad call on my head. I feel weak and really depersonalized and idk how to get over it, do you (anyone) have any techniques to pull me out of this slump? It's almost been 5 days :/ feeling pretty useless

Fishmanpa
31-01-14, 00:13
OTV,

I may be wrong but I don't think it was laced or anything. It's different now in that much of it is hydroponic grown in controlled environments, bred so to speak with stronger varieties etc. A little goes a long way nowadays. You just got a heck of a buzz on is all and now your anxiety kicked in. Get plenty of rest, eat right and all will be fine.

I've said this many times on here.... alcohol and tobacco are no no's for someone with anxiety. That goes double for drugs.

Thanks for the positive vibes on the cancer. I'm not out of the woods by any means yet but doing Ok. Cancer free so far. Side effects of treatment suck but it beats the hell out of the alternative!

Positive thoughts

OntheVerge
31-01-14, 01:59
@Fishmanpa
I definitely know that now. Definitely have to be careful it really is quality and quantity with this stuff.
I think any substance that takes away my control has to be tossed in the woods I just don't think it's going to get me anywhere at this point to be honest except for the hospital and lying down on a long brown chair.
That's amazing, you are most definitely a fighter, keep being an inspiration to all of us :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
31-01-14, 03:54
OTV-
Came across this thread and thought it might be helpful:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92700

OntheVerge
01-02-14, 03:46
@TooMuchToLiveFor

That link was weirdly relatable to what I've been feeling; maybe not on the same scale but close enough to help me feel like I'm not alone.
Thanks a lot for that you always bring around honest and positive thoughts.

TooMuchToLiveFor
01-02-14, 04:21
My pleasure, and thank you for the warm remarks. Made for a very nice way to end my day. :)

Yossino
03-02-14, 10:00
If they do a blood test they can determine 100% if it was a heart attack. If that came back fine, it didn't happen.