PDA

View Full Version : The power within

BeckyBop
31-01-14, 00:16
Hi everyone
Tonight brings with it more anxious thoughts and feelings and I was just about to write a post under the Health Anxiety section when I suddenly stopped and I considered. How many times had I posted about the exact same symptom, how many times have I everytime associated it with a new even scarier illness or problem only to be proved wrong? I stopped and I considered. Will posting about the exact same symptom really help me? Sure I might get reassurance for a little while but that only fuels the fire in the long term. To truly cure oursleves of these 'symptoms' we must look no further than our own minds. As anxious people we become so absorbed by one small feeling - we turn a mole hill into a mountain. So next time I come close to posting on here about the exact same symptom I will think back and I will remember. How many times have I seeked reassurance for this? and has it really helped in the long term? I truly believe the power to heal is within all of us. We just have to be brave enough to find it. :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
31-01-14, 00:35
Rock on, Becky!

Your dragon just shrunk big time!!!

LunaLiuna
31-01-14, 00:52
Wooo someone's noticed they have a sword!

Keep going! :D

TooMuchToLiveFor
31-01-14, 01:01
Awesome response, Luna- love it!

Tanner40
31-01-14, 01:13
Great job, Becky. I knew that you could do it. You're taking those first be inning steps that lead to a magnificent journey.

BeckyBop
02-02-14, 12:39
Thank you all :) I am now feeling even more proud of myself as I had a panic attack but you know what i wouldnt even consider it an attack. I just allowed it to pass and it lasted only a few moments! And I completely accepted all the symptoms and I feel so proud of myself :)

Fishmanpa
02-02-14, 13:03
Nothing like a taste of freedom to get you into a revolution ;)

Positive thoughts

TooMuchToLiveFor
02-02-14, 13:06
You've inspired me this morning, Becky. :)

Thank you!