PDA

View Full Version : what to try next? Going to the docs today

Dazzlar13
31-01-14, 10:52
Hi all.
I have been seeing a therapist regarding my issue which originally seemes to be insomnia. My therapist seema to think its OCD about sleep. Anyway a while back I had success on Citalopram but I feel I came off to quick. It didnt work ao well the second time. Anyway she suggested I get a change of meds to take the edge so we can begin to tackle the issue. I am currently on Amitriptyline. I originally was going to go for fluoxamine, bit you cant cross taper and I want to cross taper. The issue is whether its worth trying another SSRI? I dont want to go on clomipramine (sp on my phone) so ive narowed it down to sertraline, if not an SSRI was thinking Duloxetine or Venlafaxine? Any advice is greatly appreciated. At the docs at the end of today.

Emphyrio
31-01-14, 15:28
I'm on fluvoxamine - been on it close to 8 weeks now.

I'm still not really sure about it to be honest - Its had the fewest cognitive and sexual side effects of the medications I've tried, but my anxiety levels are still at a fairly high level.

You could give fluoxetine (prozac), sertraline, or maybe even escitalopram a try? Although escitalopram seems close to citalopram, many people have been able to take this even when citalopram doesn't work. The other SSRI is paroxetine, but to be honest, I've heard nothing but bad things about this (withdrawals, excess sedation).

Dazzlar13
31-01-14, 17:20
Thanks for replying. Ive tried citalopram and escitalopram. I think they pooped out on me tbh. I think sertraline is my favorite choice in all honesty. We shall see what the docs say

TRISTAN
31-01-14, 20:05
Venaflaxine was hell for me and anxiety went through the roof and came off after 3 months but every one is different

Dazzlar13
31-01-14, 21:49
I ended up with Sertraline apparently its good for obsessive thoughts.
Felt mildly stimulated a few hours ago but that has subsided now

TooMuchToLiveFor
31-01-14, 21:49
May I ask what is your starting dose?

Dazzlar13
01-02-14, 09:53
They started me on 50mg but I only took half