PDA

View Full Version : Home alone

Sam100322
31-01-14, 12:03
I am home alone for the next two days and I thought I'd be ok with it but now I'm feeling sick. I went out just 2 minutes down the road to get a paper and when I was walking back I thought I was going to pass out my heart was racing bits horrible :-(

fruity
31-01-14, 12:15
im alone at the moment and felt very anxious and panicky. have you read my post. how are you now.

Sam100322
31-01-14, 12:32
Hey there fruity, no I haven't read your posts sorry I will have a look now. I am still feeling sick and on edge it's horrible feeling :-(. Are you ok?

Tanner40
31-01-14, 12:39
Sam, it's quite common for many people with anxiety to feel nervous and afraid when left home alone. We always fear that something dire will happen and that there will be no one there to help us. For me, this has always been linked to a fear of death. I can tell you that all of the times that I have worried have been for nothing.
I find it helpful to try to find things that I will look forward to doing that will distract me. Watching a movie or a favorite television program. Reading a book. Working a crossword puzzle or playing a game. What kinds of things can you look forward to and use to distract yourself? That's key!