PDA

View Full Version : Found an amazing book

peaceful
20-11-06, 14:08
Hey everyone, I am new here. I have found an amazing book that is beginning to help me dismantle panic and negative thinking. It has opened my eyes to living in the present moment...Its entitled, Challenge Your Thoughts: Healing Mind, Spirit and Body with Truth. Has anyone else read it? Apparently the author battled with anxiety for several years until he became enlightened. He says panic (or fear) is only a build up of negative energy...that we should observe it to diminish it.

peaceful

yorkylover
20-11-06, 14:31
Thanks for that sounds interesting.[^]

Ellen XX

hopeful
20-11-06, 14:50
Hi Peaceful
Who's the author ?
julie x

honeybee3939
20-11-06, 15:02
Hi Peaceful! (love the name)

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

Thanks for the information on the book, heres another book post if it interests you;
http://astore.amazon.co.uk/nicsmismatcofuse

Love

Andrea
xxx

mooks
20-11-06, 15:25
hi if you could let us know the author etc...xx

peaceful
20-11-06, 16:10
Thanks for the warm welcome! The authors name is Jiulio Consiglio. I was looking for self help books and found him online. He sheds light on our single problem-the ego which places our negative thoughts automatically...he has so much insight!

nomorepanic
20-11-06, 16:53
Hi peaceful

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Thanks for the book recommendation too.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Lindalou64
20-11-06, 18:59
WELOCOME GLAD TO HEAR THE BOOK IS HELPING YOU...........LINDA[8D]

Piglet
20-11-06, 23:02
A big welcome to you :)

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

manmoor
21-11-06, 00:15
Hi Peaceful,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

rmlamatt
21-11-06, 01:04
I read something similar to this back in the 90's called A Return To Love, by Marianne Williamson (spelling?) excellent read. Marked it up something awful. I did help me. She talks of fear vs. love. In fact I was told she has a radio station on with Oprah on XM raido. Don't have XM so I can't say anything about it. In my life of 46 years of fear, I've found that if you don't go through it, it will take hold and keep coming back. It seems to be a battle all the time, but you need to relax through the battle.
I have to tell you all this is a great board and have found many insightful people. Thanks to all. Rose / rm Lamatt[^]

peaceful
21-11-06, 03:55
This is such a great board! Looking forward to sharing ideas and wisdom!

Peaceful