PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

xaosia
31-01-14, 19:41
I am a 23 year-old female, studying translation and interpretation in French language. I love my family, my friends and what I do but the anxiety disorder that I have for about 3 years has turned my life into a hell.

3 years ago a little mass beneath the sole of my foot was misdiagnosed as a tumour. When I heard the word "tumour", I guess that was the moment it all got started. I had lost my very beloved ones because of that damn word, so that word was really traumatic for me. Thank God, it turned out to be nothing, there was no malign thing but the anxiety stayed with me. I started to panic about every pain that had, even about a few acnes on my back or some bruises on my arm... I was having panic attacks. I decided to get help, so I went to see a psychiatrist. He put me on Cymbalta, it worked wonders for me. I've been taking it for about 2 years now (60 mg), but still there are times that I feel that the anxiety is coming to get me. Last summer, I felt a swollen node back of my neck and I was so convinced that I had lymphoma. I went to the doctor, he touched it and said "it isn't a big deal, lymphoma isn't like that". It's still swollen but I try not to touch it and to convince myself that I'm healthy. But without Cymbalta, I'm sure I would freak out!!!

Voilą! That's my story. I'm very happy to find this forum, it made me feel that I'm not alone. Because it is so hard to live with it. I hope we will work it out.

LunaLiuna
31-01-14, 19:48
:welcome: xaosia, I'm sure everyone here will give you lots of help with whatever troubles you!

xaosia
31-01-14, 21:18
Thank you LunaLiuna :)