PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana Induced? and how do i get them to stop

Jason 12235
07-10-03, 03:41
I am a 14 year old guy. Now first ill tell u my story.
I have bein smoking marijunan for quite some time and never had a bad reaction. The more i became dependent on it the more i decied to quit. Fianlly after a year of nonstop use...i went cold turkey and did what was right; i quit. On the thrid day of being clean, i was siting in class when i got tunnel vision. It scared me quite a bit and finally i left the class to call home. I felt very dizzy on the way to call my parnets and i had no idea what was happining, when my dad arrived i was panicking alot. He took me to his office to meet up with my mom. When i got there all the sudden things got weird. i felt very uneasy and thought i was gonna die. I started to hyperventilate. My mother sensing something was wrong took me stright to the hospital. By the time i got there i was in a horrible state. I was sweating and competely numb. It was quite a shock....I fell into a deep sleep when i went into the back and was administered some valium.
I felt alot better when i wolke up and thought it was all over. I was very wrong.
It has bein one month now that i have bein clean. Life has bein a real pain and really horrible. Dizzyness, feeling that im not incontrol of my body is perticerly bad. i dont kno what to do. Hopefully some one out there can help me. Do i need medicine....is it caused by the pot or is it in my head.
I apreciate u listing to me.,
Jason

JR
07-10-03, 05:17
Jason,

I'm not the most knowlegable guy, but I think you are suffering from anxiety of some kind. If were you I would start surfin the net and reading about symptoms and how they relate to what your feeling. I can't say anything for sure but I think it's in your head. I would get checked out by tour Doc, then start asking him what steps to take. Maybe seeing a phchologist might help? Sometimes talking to people about what's bothering you can be the best medication. As for the weed problem, maybe it makes you paranoid then causing you to panic or be anxious. Sorry I can't be alot of help but I assure you your not alone buddy. Your young(I'm only 21) and you can beat this. Good luck Buddy

Meg
07-10-03, 16:49
Hi Jason,

As with anything addictive your body gets used to it and when you stop 'cold turkey' the body complains in varying ways

Not many people have a bad reaction to pot when they start but after continual use coming off it is a different story. We do often see bad reactions trips induced by mushrooms and LSD etc

What you have described initially is a fairly standard assortment of symptoms of withdrawal - to caffiene, to nicotine , to alcohol, to drugs etc etc

It sounds as though you've scared yourself and your family with these symptoms and now are incredibly anxious about ' what if...' which is perpetuating some of the feelings.

I would suggest getting a good multi mineral/vitamin supplement into you , an extra vit B and a Vit C too and get out and exercise - walk , run , dance -- whatever. Use up the stress hormones you're pumping out. Go about you life as normal keeping 'clean' and do not resort to alcohol or any other crutch.

I wouldn't suggest medicine as your first option as it's so recent- but that's for you and your family to discuss with a doctor should you choose to go and see one again.
Good luck. Let us kow how you do.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jason 12235
15-10-03, 04:06
Thank you everyone for ur advice it has helped alot and i have bein feeling better. You all hae bein alot more suppostive than my family who thinks i cause these panic attacks o get outta going places. I have bein exercizing and taking a vitamin and i have bein feling better, atleast recenly. ill update this if it gets better or worse. Thank you. Jason

Meg
16-10-03, 23:53
Dear Jason,

Your family love you and want to help but panic is not something that anyone knows much about unless they've been directly affected in their lives.
They just don't understand and sometimes the information they receive from doctors especially in the US is very contradictory so they get left not knowing what to think.

I'm so glad you're feeling better and that you've found the support you needed here.
Take care

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...