PDA

View Full Version : severe back pain

molly15
20-11-06, 14:44
hi im wondering if any1 here has ever suffered horrific lower back pain,i have had this for about 3 weeks went to doc he thinks it spasms or scitica but i am convinced it a tumour ,it has got worse to the point i can haedly walk and every time i move i scream in pain,i now have pins and needles on my left leg just at the side of the knee,i have tried doing pilates but that not helped at all.im going to see a orthapedic doc tommorrow but i am so scared of what the outcome may be ,my family tell me to stop going on about a tumour and say it just back pain but its like no pain ive ever had in my life and i have had a lot through migranes.the pain seems worse when sitting and lying down but i cant stand all day and it seems to move down my buttocks and in to my right leg but the bottom of my back the worst pain.im just worried as after 3 weeks it getting worse not better and i am virtually disabled by it ,has any1 else expeirenced this thanks for your advice marciaxx

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

yorkylover
20-11-06, 14:51
Hi,a friend of mine had the exact same thing.She had sciatica,the pain was in her back,buttocks and leg.The pain was so bad the doctor had to come to her.She was of work and in bed for 6 weeks.Im pretty sure you do not have a tumour.It is difficult to move about,but usually it is better to keep moving as much as possible.She was given some very strong pain killlers for it.;)

Ellen XX

piglits pal
20-11-06, 15:00
What you are describing is classic symptoms of sciatica. It is extremely painful, even worse than a migraine pain, and is very debilitating. But it is not life-threatening.

Hope that helps.

nomorepanic
20-11-06, 17:10
There is another post about this at the moment too..

scaitica or something else? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14883)

have a read and maybe you can relate to each other.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel