PDA

View Full Version : Testicular cancer anxiety :(

ReissG
01-02-14, 03:27
So I don't any signs or symptoms, but what's bothering me is that my dad who I have never had contact with (very bad man) actually contacted my mum a year ago to say he'd just spent a year fighting it, he is like 52 now I think but I worry that the only thing he might have ever given me in his life is some sort of genetic chance of getting this cancer.

He has 5 brothers and apparently the risk of a brother getting it is higher then that of a son and none of them getting it, also someone who seemed pretty clever on yahoo said after the age of 50 the chances of someone getting it from hereditary disease is almost 0. My dads dad never have it, so I wonder if it was just him that got it for other reasons =/

What do you think?

Andrash
01-02-14, 07:33
So I don't any signs or symptoms, but what's bothering me is that my dad who I have never had contact with (very bad man) actually contacted my mum a year ago to say he'd just spent a year fighting it, he is like 52 now I think but I worry that the only thing he might have ever given me in his life is some sort of genetic chance of getting this cancer.

He has 5 brothers and apparently the risk of a brother getting it is higher then that of a son and none of them getting it, also someone who seemed pretty clever on yahoo said after the age of 50 the chances of someone getting it from hereditary disease is almost 0. My dads dad never have it, so I wonder if it was just him that got it for other reasons =/

What do you think?

Your genetic chances to get it are zero. Literally. Another thing-testicular cancer is nowadays cured fairly easily. Survival rate for localized cancer is close to 100%, and 75% even for metastatic (worst case) cancer.

Therefore, you're perfectly safe and just get it out of your mind! :)