PDA

View Full Version : New to this....Panice disorder and anxiety

potter5805
01-02-14, 05:03
Hello. I am new to this page. Thought I would join to see if people feel the same feelings i feel with anxiety and panic disorder. I have so many panic attacks and go through different scary things. I have been suffering with this since I was 7. It comes and goes. I have feelings sometimes of where I don't have to breath, even though i know im breathing and i have to breath, it feels as if i don't have to and then it feels as if my breathing is shallow. It happens random parts of the day and night. My heart beats fast a lot as well. I could wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and it beats fast, walking around a store, relaxed and calm, beats fast, or even sitting at home on the couch, relaxed, it beats fast. Sometimes i get palpitations, but the faster heartbeat more. I have been to the cardiologist, i habe had plenty of EKGs and they all come back normal. Im terrified to be on any medications because i get afraid of the side effects or that i might have a seizure. I have gotten anxiety bad in the last 7 months. I moved from my hometown to another state. struggled to find decent jobs. was sick with kidney stones, passed 10 in 5 months, have bad acid reflux and inflammation of my esophogus, and they just found some nodules on my thyroid that i will be getting biopsys on soon. part of this anxiety as well, is i can take deep breaths, but you kn ow how when you take a good thuro dep breath? right after i do that i feel like i have to keep doing it but i can't and it makes me go in panic mode. what bothers me most is my heart beating fast in which seems alot, even when im not anxious or in panic..does this happen to anyone? does anyone suffer or go thru anything i am going thru? Feed back would be so nice. its feels good to hopefully have someone who knows what your going through because people that don't have anxiety don't understand no matter how much you tell them! Thank you

Marty_67
01-02-14, 07:18
Hi Potter and welcome

There is some good reading on here about panic attacks, the most important thing to realise is that they cannot harm you.

I am not new to anxiety, I have been on and off my meds for sometime (Citilopram) but this time around I really flipped out including panic attacks.

I am about 7 weeks in to my recovery. The thing I found the most useful was I wrote down what was spooking me. When I read it back to myself it did not feel so bad. I had to do this again this week and again it really helped. Squaring up to my problems seems to work for me and I realise that things are not so bad. Relaxation and breathing techniques also really help.

Lots of help and advice on here, some really nice folks.

All the best, Marty