PDA

View Full Version : New here

Panic321
01-02-14, 06:30
Hello, I am new here. I am a 36 year old woman who has been suffering from panic attacks and anxiety since I was 13. I went on citalopram for about a year after the birth of my second child which completely cured my panic attacks for a few years. After the birth of my fourth child my panic attacks and anxiety came back. I have had my children by Caesarean section. I was told that my fourth caesarean was very risky, that I could die which made me feel very worried. This bought my panic attacks and anxiety back. I began to suffer from panic attacks every night, however it's been 16 months since I had my caesarean, my panic attacks have calmed down but I always get morning anxiety. Also, what has happened a few times is when I wake up in the morning, sometimes, I begin to feel very lightheaded and nauseous. I feel as if I am going to collapse which makes me very frightened. Fainting or being put under a general anaesthesia are one of my worst fears.I also feel spaced out all the time, I don't like to feel like that. I have stopped driving because I feel like this. For this reason, I have started citalopram, I thought my symptoms might be to do with my anxiety. Doctor, prescribed me 10 mg but I was so frightened to take them, they sat there in the cupboard for week. Until, I started getting the lightheaded feeling frequently. I started 5 mg first, the tablet made me very nauseous, dizzy and lightheaded. I went up to 7.5mg after 11 days. On day 13, I started taking 10mg which has caused be to be very lightheaded at times(which was the symptom that I wanted to get rid of) throughout the day, very dizzy nauseous, feel like I will collapse. It's been three days now I have been on10 mg. I just want to get better. I am also agoraphobic. I feel nervous about going out. Last time I took the tablets back in 2002, my panic attacks got completely cured, also my agoraphobia. I went and did 2 years in college and I did a three year course at uni. I wish the tablets work like last time. Last time my panic attacks increased for the first two weeks and I got better. But, this time I am having different symptoms, I am finding it difficult to stick with them and also it has been 17 days I have been on them.
Anyway enough about me at the moment. I hope I can get some support on here. I need to get up to 20mg because I felt really good on 20mg last time. Speak to you all soon.

Marty_67
01-02-14, 07:10
Hi there, nice to meet you.

I have been on and off cit for the last few years for my anxiety. I had a real episode just before Christmas and flipped right out. I have now been back on cit for nearly 6 weeks and this time the side effects have not been kind.

The worst SE was acute anxiety this week which has now passed (I think) and I actually feel quite chilled today.

I spend a lot of time in the Citilopram section down at the bottom of the forum homepage with fellow cit people!

You're never alone on here, there's some really good people to help you thru :)

All the best, Marty

Panic321
01-02-14, 16:36
Hello Marty,
Nice to meet you as well. Marty, just wanted to ask what dose cit are you on?

SarahH
01-02-14, 16:46
Hi Panic,
Welcome to NMP.
Sometimes re-starting a medication can be a pain! Your tolerance levels may have changed since you last took Cit....Mine certainly have. I am VERY intolerant to drugs. I was on Cit for 10years at 10mgs which was all I could tolerate..................this time I have started on 2.5mgs and been on that for over 2 weeks with only a slight change in my mood.

I take pregabalin for anxiety............

Sarah

TooMuchToLiveFor
01-02-14, 16:50
Hey Panic321!

I am also a 36 year old mommy, and have suffered with panic disorder and agoraphobia. I, too, just recently went through a very traumatic pregnancy and birth experience. I also have terrible morning anxiety, although it is getting much better! I still deal with across the board physical sensations and symptoms on and off throughout every day, but they are no longer have the crippling affect that they did. (You can check my threads/posts to get caught up on my journey if you wish- I won't bore you with the details here. ;)

I am more than happy to chat and we can encourage each other. I am on Sertraline- 100mg.

Glad to meet a new friend- this site is so wonderful and full of amazing people. The people that run this site are a true God-send as they do it all out of the goodness of their own hearts.

Panic321
01-02-14, 19:18
Hi Panic,
Welcome to NMP.
Sometimes re-starting a medication can be a pain! Your tolerance levels may have changed since you last took Cit....Mine certainly have. I am VERY intolerant to drugs. I was on Cit for 10years at 10mgs which was all I could tolerate..................this time I have started on 2.5mgs and been on that for over 2 weeks with only a slight change in my mood.

I take pregabalin for anxiety............

Sarah

Hello Sarah, nice to meet you. Sarah, if you don't mind me asking, what are you taking cit for? Is it for depression or panic?
Also, when are you going to increase your dose?

Antonio2301
01-02-14, 19:22
:welcome: Panic321

Panic321
01-02-14, 20:08
Hey Panic321!

I am also a 36 year old mommy, and have suffered with panic disorder and agoraphobia. I, too, just recently went through a very traumatic pregnancy and birth experience. I also have terrible morning anxiety, although it is getting much better! I still deal with across the board physical sensations and symptoms on and off throughout every day, but they are no longer have the crippling affect that they did. (You can check my threads/posts to get caught up on my journey if you wish- I won't bore you with the details here. ;)

I am more than happy to chat and we can encourage each other. I am on Sertraline- 100mg.

Glad to meet a new friend- this site is so wonderful and full of amazing people. The people that run this site are a true God-send as they do it all out of the goodness of their own hearts.

Hiya TooMuchToLiveFor,
Nice to meet you, you sound as though you are a copy of me. Glad to know there are people out there that understand what I am going through.
Where do I need to go on to read your thread? Still not used to the site.
How long have you been on sertaline for? Has it given you bad side effects and how is your agoraphobia? Sorry for asking too many questions.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

:welcome: Panic321

Thankyou Antonio2301

TooMuchToLiveFor
01-02-14, 20:47
You never need to worry about too many questions. I am an open book here, and being able to help anyone along the way in their journey-- makes my journey with anxiety actually have purpose! :)

I have been on Sertraline since the beginning of November. My agoraphobia is completely gone. I would say I am about 80% recovered to "normal." This last 20% looks like it is going to take continuing to do the right things, but also just being patient and letting time pass while I heal.

I am one of the ones that dealt with pretty harsh side effects, but I followed the three most uttered words when it comes to SSRIs--- "Stick with It." And, I am so glad I did. I was in complete crisis mode when this all hit at once, and without the meds I don't think I was in a place to climb out and get any other kind of help. I now am doing CBT therapy and talk therapy.

To look at my threads/posts go to the "Search" bar at the top of the page. Then go to advance search and scroll down until you see the box (on the left) that allows you to search by username. Type in mine and then you can select off the drop down box to either search by thread or by post.

If that isn't working out just let me know and I will send the links to a few. I think we can really help each other as we walk forward to being well again. :)

Marty_67
01-02-14, 22:05
Hello Marty,
Nice to meet you as well. Marty, just wanted to ask what dose cit are you on?

I really did flip out...so 40mg.

I have had a great day today. My wife is out drinking at the moment with her friend and I am not even anxious about that. Progress, me thinks :)