PDA

View Full Version : Angry with my anxiety

RoseEve
01-02-14, 12:06
I've never felt this way before but I'm angry. I'm tired of having this anxiety. I'm angry with myself for not having control over my thoughts or actions. I'm angry that I cannot stop looking up diseases on google. I go from one disease to another. It's like oh my mouth sore has healed I guess it's not mouth cancer but remember your blood sugar was a little high last time at the doctor it's probably pancreatic cancer. Or am I seeing visual snow? It that ringing in my ears? I have a headache what if it never goes away. On and on again. I'm tired of it! I've never felt anger before when it comes to my anxiety. Can anyone relate?

Andrash
01-02-14, 12:27
Or am I seeing visual snow?

Lucky you. I am seeing real snow, and that means I will have to clean my porch, my causeway and my car.

:)

RoseEve
01-02-14, 12:55
Hahaha! I'm sick of real snow too I'm waiting for spring!

Andrash
01-02-14, 12:59
Hahaha! I'm sick of real snow too I'm waiting for spring!

Same here :) It was interesting first couple of days, snowmen and happy children with dogs playing everywhere, but now it should ease off a bit and let the Sun shine :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
01-02-14, 15:00
RoseEve-
I think the anger is a good sign. It means you are actually getting fed up with the cycle, and you can draw on being angry to keep you motivated to keep moving in the right direction.

I would rather have snow than the awful ice storm we just got....everything is covered in slick, shiny ice!

Fishmanpa
01-02-14, 17:32
I too believe this is a good sign.

When I was diagnosed with cancer I was scared of course, but more than that, I was pissed off! I had been through enough over the last six years. Finally, my life was coming together and then cancer? Are you F'ing kidding me? I have too much to do and too much to live for! I was pissed and it served me well in the fight I had coming. Good thing too because it was one hell of a fight!

Overcoming anxiety and other mental illnesses is tough. It takes work and you have to fight your way through it no differently than you would a physical illness. You have to do what the doctors say as well as do your homework.

As Too Much would say... I just saw the Dragon shrink back in fear. He doesn't like it when you're pissed. He'd much rather have you sit passively and allow him to blow fire and smoke up your a$$ ;)

All you guys in the ice and snow? We finally broke the cold wave... mid 50's today in the Beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia :)

RoseEve
01-02-14, 20:55
Thanks guys I think you are both right! My fear right now is pancreatic cancer and of course I think I have "evidence" that I do. Usually this fear would make me feel sick and ruin my day but today I am like go away I want to enjoy the day off with my kids! Thank you all for responding :)

Timisnotmyname
01-02-14, 21:16
I can certainly relate to that.
Having suffered with HA for years it came as a shock to be diagnosed with a real illness. Being told I had cancer came as a real body blow and acted as a complete distraction to all my phantom ailments. I sold up my fancy pad and bought somewhere outright so that I would not be troubled when I was no longer able to work.
That was seven years ago and I was told last year that I didn't have cancer anymore!
Turns out it was most probably a misdiagnosis.
I bloody furious! Cross with myself for allowing my mind to play such evil tricks on me, angry with the doctor for telling me (without any sort of preparation "that's what happens with this sort of cancer" and cross that I was allowed to leave the hospital to go home to be on my own with those words ringing in my ear.
I was somewhat relieved last year when my doctor said there was no need for me have blood tests every six months as my blood was now clean; and cross that since then my HA has returned to plague me.
Still, it's not as bad as it was and finding this website and realising that there are so many suffering from the same delusions has helped immeasurably.
Channel the anger and use the knowledge that it your head messing with you and I am convinced you are on the road to recovery.
I am determined to get control of my life back and would like to thank you all for helping me in the fight.

We can all do it.

Andrash
01-02-14, 21:47
In Europe we didn't have snow at all until a week ago...:) Southern and western part of Germany are actually having a snowless winter, which happened last time some 50 years ago :D

It's starting to thaw now, as it turned to rain...Luckily it's Sunday tomorrow-there will be water everywhere :(

Tessar
01-02-14, 22:41
RoseEve-
I think the anger is a good sign. It means you are actually getting fed up with the cycle, and you can draw on being angry to keep you motivated to keep moving in the right direction.

Totally agree.... See if u can channel that anger & use it as the strength to kick anxiety in the teeth. Talk to it. Tell it you are no longer going to tolerate its hold. Next times think about googling, come back here instead & maybe all about what compels you. Remind yourself of the outcome if you do google. Stuff like that. Sort of thinking in practical terms. You CAN give anxiety the push....

RoseEve
02-02-14, 00:26
Thanks guys! I'm really trying it's so hard not to google! I'm going to read a book and not give into my dragon!

TooMuchToLiveFor
02-02-14, 00:33
Atta, girl, RoseEve!!!

Do not give in-- when you do, he grows; when you don't, he shrinks!

You've got the power!