PDA

View Full Version : Lump in neck & Ideas

Miss Worry-a-lot
01-02-14, 22:12
I know this probably sounds silly and I think deep down, I know it's nothing serious, but for the past 3 weeks there has been a lump on the right side of my neck. It's moveable, I'm pretty sure it changes size and to me, it feels like a little ball of fat. It's not rock hard.

I'm worried that it could be something serious and then that leads me to googling it, then that leads to me having all the symptoms because my brain in someways gives me the symptoms.

The panic attack came to the point where I took a Kalms tablet (they work instantly for me, but I here some people have to take them over a period of time to work). I hate taking them because they give me nightmares but I needed the numb feeling.

I hate it. Everyone looks at me like I'm stupid, so it is embarrassing to go to the doctor and mention it. I haven't even mentioned it to my mum.

And secondly, can anybody offer any tips on how to battle anxiety and depression? I'm eighteen, just moved to London - 4/5 hours away from home - for university. I'm having CBT for the depression and anxiety but it just doesn't seem to be working for me. They always say, "Just think positive," but I don't think they quite understand how hard that is. I also have a bit of an eating problem at the moment, so I'm having counselling for that.

I just want to feel myself again. I do a lot to help fight it. I don't drink alcohol, haven't touched a drop in... 3 years. (I know, I had some to drink when I was under 18 but I kinda went off the rails with paranoia) I've never smoked. I've never drank coffee. I've cut sugar out of my diet. I do yoga. When I eat I eat healthily.

What more is there to do?

Andrash
01-02-14, 22:26
What more is there to do?

Activity. Find a part time job. Start dancing or French lessons. Play tennis. Go to the gym. Take extra courses at the University. Go to pubs and parties. Weekends take walking or cycling trips. Spend the minimum time possible alone, and in the house. So that when you crawl to your bed to sleep you feel drained and sleep like a log, without dreams and nightmares.

Very active lifestyle does wonders for anxiety. It's a tested fact :)

Miss Worry-a-lot
01-02-14, 22:29
I've just joined a dance school for every other evening. Hopefully that will help :) Thank you.

Pcdaft
01-02-14, 23:54
Hiya it could be just a fatty lump I have one and it's called a lipoma it's only fatty tissue I have had mine removed but it has came back but I know it is not serious cand can't go to anything else ?hope thus helps x

franklyscarlett
02-02-14, 07:43
I've been Googling non-stop about lymph nodes, and I came across your post. About a week ago I discovered a hard lymph node on the left side of my neck, it's about pea-sized and it moves around. I am now waiting for blood results and my anxiety is so bad and I can't concentrate on anything else. You said yours changes size which I read cancer does not do, so that should put you at ease. The doctor also told me that it being mobile is a good sign.

I also deal with anxiety and depression but staying busy and keeping your mind focused on other things really helps.