PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

myjourney
01-02-14, 22:33
Hi, I've read quite a lot of threads so thought I'd best join in. I'm 47 and my husband walked out on me on my b'day start of Dec...I haven't coped since, I resisted meds and tried homeopathy etc, but I've been such a mess, anxiety from the minute I wake. nausea, panic. So I've gone on meds , Citalopram 10mg on day 6 now...Well I'd read they make you worse for a while but I just want to crawl into a corner . Anxiety through the roof, heaving, trembling. I'm very isolated where I live, struggling to cope. Anyhow hoping to meet some like minded people

TooMuchToLiveFor
01-02-14, 22:40
Hi MJ,

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through.... :hugs:

I am on a SSRI as well.....follow the golden rule- "STICK WITH IT!" It will be worth it.

This site is full of wonderful people, and I am glad you found us. :)

Antonio2301
01-02-14, 22:40
I`m really sorry to hear this myjourney and welcome to nmp :hugs:
I`m sure you will meet some really nice people on the site who will offer you help and support..

All the best
Antonio

Marty_67
01-02-14, 22:45
Welcome to NMP.

Check out the Cit section on the forum homepage in 'Meds'.

Pleasure to meet you, sorry to hear about your troubles.

Marty

myjourney
01-02-14, 23:03
Thank you Marty, I've been lurking for a while, this is all so new and scary.

Marty_67
01-02-14, 23:36
Thank you Marty, I've been lurking for a while, this is all so new and scary.

Dont be scared...I havent met anyone on hear who bites (yet!)...

:yesyes:

Deckardblues
02-02-14, 09:46
It is pretty scary, the whole journey, and I only found this site, while looking up side effects for Citalopram. Take it from Marty and me, who are a bit further into taking them then you are, you will come through it. The first week is very hard, and I actually felt worse. But I am three weeks in now, and can feel myself getting slightly better, but the journey is really hard, and I have had days where I have been in tears for no reason, but keep at it. Just know your not alone. PM me if you ever want to unload though, but I am sure you will make many good friends here, and realise your not alone..

hawky1
02-02-14, 20:36
Hi,

All I can say is Citolopram is yuck the first few weeks but I promise it gets better:D

Dont do what i did stop and start over a few months as I thought i was cured :doh: plus my doc was a muppet and thought i should pull my socks up and sort myself out....

Ohh and :welcome: this is my first post as I am a newbie:yahoo:

Marty_67
02-02-14, 22:16
Hi,

All I can say is Citolopram is yuck the first few weeks but I promise it gets better:D

Dont do what i did stop and start over a few months as I thought i was cured :doh: plus my doc was a muppet and thought i should pull my socks up and sort myself out....

Ohh and :welcome: this is my first post as I am a newbie:yahoo:

I'm still a newbie too, Hawky! :welcome: