PDA

View Full Version : Eyes

Pcdaft
01-02-14, 23:48
Hi I went o optician today for my 2year check up and I got new glasses she said everything was ok but I had to go to docs to get my blood pressure taken as she seen a squiggly line on one of my eyes ? Now I am starting to worry about ? :weep: :weep::weep::weep::unsure: please help x

LunaLiuna
02-02-14, 00:09
A squiggly line, well that's the best explanation ever! ;)

Are you sure it wasn't a burst blood vessel or something? if your blood pressure was fine then it was most likely caused by straining or something similar :)

Freaked
02-02-14, 07:46
When was the last time you had your bp taken? If it was fine then, it will most likely be fine now. Sometimes stuff gets seen in eyes that can mean something, but most of the time means nothing. Best get the trip out of the way asap so you don't have to worry too long.

Andrash
02-02-14, 09:00
Hi I went o optician today for my 2year check up and I got new glasses she said everything was ok but I had to go to docs to get my blood pressure taken as she seen a squiggly line on one of my eyes ? Now I am starting to worry about ? :weep: :weep::weep::weep::unsure: please help x

HA or no HA, I'd really change that optician if I were you. I mean, we all worry excessively, I know, but somewhere a line has to be drawn. Squiggly line, seriously? That's the most vague diagnosis I have ever heard of :)

Still, it shouldn't be anything serious. Eye floaters (I presume that's the squiggly line) are incredibly common and can be caused by many things, all harmless. Therefore, no worries about blood tests-after all, it's recommendable to check your health once a year-and this is your opportunity. :)

Pcdaft
02-02-14, 09:18
I never said anything about blood tests I sad blood pressure yes it was a quigly line or a wavy line or A line like a worm I seen it my self they take images of your eyes ans she shiowed me ? I am still worried ????

Andrash
02-02-14, 09:40
I never said anything about blood tests I sad blood pressure yes it was a quigly line or a wavy line or A line like a worm I seen it my self they take images of your eyes ans she shiowed me ? I am still worried ????

Ah, sorry, I read blood tests. Still, even with blood pressure-no worries. With this mad world around us, I think there are more people with irregular blood pressure than with regular one. :) Still, it's an easily manageable and treatable condition-if you find out yours is elevated, that is.

As for the squiggly line thing-it's a floater, as I told you. No worries with that either-apart from blood pressure, these can be caused by migraines/headaches too. They're also, alas, common symptom of anxiety. All in all-totally harmless ;)

Pcdaft
02-02-14, 10:11
Thanks no problem ?x

Magic
02-02-14, 11:52
It is surprising what a optician can tell you about your health by having an eye test.
Whatever the problem is . It can be sorted. Don't worry PCdaft xx