PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumor Anxiety

Itsallinmyhead416
02-02-14, 04:00
Hey everyone,

I could really use some reassurance. I've been having headaches that come and go for the last two weeks and it's driving me nuts. It's been on my left side and behind my left eye. Advil helps for a little bit but then it comes right back. I'm a 27 years old male who stay really active but I just can't seem to shake this fear. I've never had an MRI or CAT scan so I don't know if there could be something. I had a full physical a couple a weeks ago and was given a clean bill of health but I can't stop worrying if I have a serious problem. Any advice or reassurance would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Andrash
02-02-14, 08:48
Hey everyone,

I could really use some reassurance. I've been having headaches that come and go for the last two weeks and it's driving me nuts. It's been on my left side and behind my left eye. Advil helps for a little bit but then it comes right back. I'm a 27 years old male who stay really active but I just can't seem to shake this fear. I've never had an MRI or CAT scan so I don't know if there could be something. I had a full physical a couple a weeks ago and was given a clean bill of health but I can't stop worrying if I have a serious problem. Any advice or reassurance would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Sounds like a typical stress headache to me. You woke up with a headache one day, you started freaking out about it, and anxiety and stress produced more headaches, which produced more freaking out etc-vicious cycle.

I know, it's hard not to think about a headache :), but really try to relax, stay active and occupy your mind with something else.

Brain tumours are really very rare, plus majority of them are benign. I am not a doctor, but headaches from tumour don't present themselves in that way-they do not come and go, they come and stay, and they worsen. Plus, there are always other, considerably serious symptoms associated-like seizures and palsies.

My suggestion is-give your headaches a month. Fight anxiety and reduce your stress levels. If they don't stop or worsen, consult a neurologist, but I'm sure it won't come to that. And yes, don't smoke, cut drinking and especially caffeine-it worsens every headache. :)

Fishmanpa
02-02-14, 12:26
I had a full physical a couple a weeks ago and was given a clean bill of health....

You're looking for reassurance? No one here has those qualifications and cannot give you a complete physical via the internet. A trained medical professional examined you and gave you a clean bill of health. I would take that as the best reassurance you can get :)

Positive thoughts

LeFi_81
02-02-14, 16:36
You're looking for reassurance? No one here has those qualifications and cannot give you a complete physical via the internet. A trained medical professional examined you and gave you a clean bill of health. I would take that as the best reassurance you can get :)

Positive thoughts
Amen to this advice! :yesyes:

Serenity1990
02-02-14, 23:59
Brain tumours tend to present in other ways before a headache, and you'd know about the other symptoms. If you're worried, get seen by a doctor who will do a neurological exam. When you pass this with flying colours, treat yourself to something nice and realise there was a good reason you asked this on an anxiety forum!

Nobody on here can say anyone has/hasn't got a brain tumour: anybody could have one without ever realising it, especially as most are completely benign. However from your symptoms you are no more likely to have one than anyone else. Headaches behind the eyebrows are often stress/anxiety related, and on one side are most usually caused by muscle tightness in the neck (which may itself be anxiety related, or if not almost certainly due to posture).

Please relax, you'll be fine. :)