PDA

View Full Version : Just feel unwell constantly

shan
02-02-14, 18:47
Hi,

so for about a year now the doctors have said I've had sinus problems and they've given me crazy amounts of nasal sprays, advised to do nasal douching and steaming etc. but nothing has helped, I feel constantly tired and have a headache almost everyday (which I'm also treated for) the past few days my nose and head have just been in so much pain - my problem is that I've suffered with health anxiety for years now and I think it's something worse. I feel as thought the headaches are related to a brain tumour and not my sinuses, I can't get that thought out of my head and it's just eating me up! I've also been having such a shortness of breath the last few days that my chest is starting to hurt and I'm just getting more and more worried, I don't know if it's my sinuses making me feeling like this/anxiety/something totally worse.

I'm also a bit obsessed with checking my eyes to see if they get smaller when I shine a light in them so I know my pupils aren't fixated, it sounds weird, I know. I just can't stop myself. I also keep having to touch wood because if I don't then I feel like something bad will happen and I'll die from a brain tumour or something like that, it's just all getting on top of me at the moment I just need some reassurance :weep:

LunaLiuna
02-02-14, 19:00
Hello Shan, I see this is your first post so welcome!

As you may have seen, you have a similar fear to many people on this forum, including myself. I found out that all my aches and pains came from my jaw problem that was caused by me clenching and grinding my teeth during sleep. I've had everything from head and ear pain too sinus congestion and dizziness, and mostly all of it was because of the jaw joint, or TMJ as it's called. it's the joint just in front of your ears :)

I would go and see a dentist, they would pick up on it, I know my dentist just had to look at my tongue and she knew straight away!

As for the other symptoms, tiredness ect, could they be from worrying? I know I caused mine by that.

Good luck :D

shan
02-02-14, 19:03
Hello Shan, I see this is your first post so welcome!

As you may have seen, you have a similar fear to many people on this forum, including myself. I found out that all my aches and pains came from my jaw problem that was caused by me clenching and grinding my teeth during sleep. I've had everything from head and ear pain too sinus congestion and dizziness, and mostly all of it was because of the jaw joint, or TMJ as it's called. it's the joint just in front of your ears :)

I would go and see a dentist, they would pick up on it, I know my dentist just had to look at my tongue and she knew straight away!

Good luck :D

Thank you! I will do that then :-)

cattia
02-02-14, 19:14
Hi Shan, I would echo what Luna said; I have had headaches, chronic sinus problems, neck problems and even throat and swallowing problems all caused by TMJ. It's very common with anxiety, definitely worth looking into.

Fishmanpa
02-02-14, 19:23
Hi Shan,

I too echo what the others have said. Stress can cause you to clench your jaw and instigate other physical symptoms.

Concerning the checking of your eyes and knocking on wood. That certainly indicates OCD tendencies. I once tried to say that touching/feeling an old GF's boobs would prevent something bad from happening to me but it didn't fly ;) Eh... it was worth a shot ~lol~

Positive thoughts

shan
02-02-14, 19:30
Hi Shan, I would echo what Luna said; I have had headaches, chronic sinus problems, neck problems and even throat and swallowing problems all caused by TMJ. It's very common with anxiety, definitely worth looking into.

I've never actually heard of this until now so it could explain a lot, I'm going to the doctors tomorrow so will definitely mention it. Thank you :-)

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Hi Shan,

I too echo what the others have said. Stress can cause you to clench your jaw and instigate other physical symptoms.

Concerning the checking of your eyes and knocking on wood. That certainly indicates OCD tendencies. I once tried to say that touching/feeling an old GF's boobs would prevent something bad from happening to me but it didn't fly ;) Eh... it was worth a shot ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Yes I've been told I've had slight OCD tendencies when I had CBT before but it was never really a concern until now, it's getting a bit annoying but I just can't help myself, again I'll have to mention it to the doctor when I see them next! Hahah, I'm sure that didn't fly hahah. Thank you for replying.