PDA

View Full Version : anyone recommend a relaxation cd?

happyone
20-11-06, 18:20
Hi,
can anyone recommend a relaxation cd? I have a tape I got from the therapist but I have to give it back.
I like them to have the nice sounds in the background, sort of visualisation type thing, and someone talking you through the breathing and muscle relaxants.
I was looking around but there is so many on the net, it hard to choose.

Thanx
Happyone

nomorepanic
20-11-06, 18:44
I have bought a few from here..

http://www.hypnosisaudio.com/

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

jo61
20-11-06, 19:17
I've got 2 good ones. One is Relax and Enjoy it by Robert Sharpe (put it into Google). The other is by the Priory - go into prioryhealthcare.com , go to news and you should find it there. both excellent

Jo

Lindalou64
20-11-06, 19:43
I FIND LIKE THE ONES WITH NATURE HELPS ME BETTER THAN THE ONES FROM THERAPIST NOT ALL BUT SOME SOUND TO FREAKY FOR ME............LINDA[8D]

Piglet
20-11-06, 23:01
I really like Glenn Harrold cd's - Complete Relaxation is a good one to start with. If you look on Amazon they give lots of reviews that may help you decide.

I also like a funny little on by the charity Nopanic - that is a muscle relaxant one.

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

PanickyPolly
22-11-06, 22:05
Would love to know the answer to this too as relaxation CDs tend to make my anger flare up. However if it's just pure relaxation you want you might want to try out Kevin Kendle Flowers. It's New Age music and very uplifting.

happyone
24-11-06, 21:32
hi,
thanks for replies.
I will give a couple of them a try. I bought one from E Bay, basically because it was 1.49, nothing much to lose! When I first listened to it I thought it was awful, but last night, I listened to it and fell asleep during track 4. From 9pm last night until 7am this morning!
For me that is absolutely amazing! It may be coincidence as I was at the end of a few nights disturbed sleep!
I can't give you much info tho' as it is called simply 'relaxation'.
Happyone

matt1981
25-11-06, 23:59
I got the Complete Relaxation CD by Glenn Harold I like it. I didnt at first though but I am going to start listening to it every night; my worst habit is when I am feeling generally ok I tend to stop reading my CBT cards and challenging thoughts must get out of that but yeah anyway I would reccommend this CD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Relaxation-Glenn-Harrold/dp/1901923215/sr=8-1/qid=1164498898/ref=pd_ka_1/202-1461183-3112611?ie=UTF8&s=books the amazon link

jo61
26-11-06, 20:18
I find Glen Harrold a bit spooky, his voice does me in

Jo

matt1981
26-11-06, 21:03
Yeah a few people have said that lol I tried not to laugh when I first listened to him!