PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack and finding it hard to breath

RVP
02-02-14, 22:36
Just had a mini panic attack, which started because I felt I was finding it difficult to breath.
I literally walked up the stairs, sat down and bam it felt like I was breathing heavy, 1 min later panic attack.

It still feels the same slightly, but attack is over (kind of)

Could it be acid? built up or indigestion?

I don't think it's shortness of breath...or at least I hope not because if it is, then that means there is something wrong with my heart. As I have high BP too.

beauty
02-02-14, 22:45
Sometimes it's possible to get more out of breath than you normally do. I'm quite a fit person yet occasionally something quite easy gets me breathless and it can lead to panic. I'm not sure what the reason is, sometimes it's if I'm more tired it happens easily.

I'm glad you're feeling calmer now, try to relax and do something to take your mind off it now xx

Andrash
02-02-14, 23:00
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/chronic_obstructive_pulmonary_disease_copd/hic_pursed_lip_breathing.aspx

Try this, it helps.

RVP
02-02-14, 23:04
Saw this on the other thread and tried it immediately thank you :)

BeckyBop
02-02-14, 23:32
I have shortness of breath a lot from anxiety and sometimes get it after climbing stairs only one flight of stairs and im 16 and am quite fit! so dont worry yourself just try to let it pass your breathing will soon return to normal :) x