PDA

View Full Version : You will all think I'm mad but I need help scared to sleep

illgetthere
02-02-14, 22:53
So my acid has been really bad tbe last few weeks I'm having shortness of breath a lot I suffer with a hiatus hernia I don't have heartburn just get burning throat horrendous chest pain and in the middle if my back well last night while falling asleep I was woke with what felt like I stopped breathing I felt like a goldfish out of water I immediately started panicking and couldn't get to sleep after that as I was worried I wouldn't wake up alday today ive had shortness of breath and tbe same feeling it will happen again I've just got in bed and I'm worrying that it will happen again my friend mom told me that her hi doctor told her it's a good job she came when she did else she'd of been dead in 12 months she would of suffocated on her acid since she told me that I worry all tbe time about it I'm so worried

Andrash
02-02-14, 22:56
So my acid has been really bad tbe last few weeks I'm having shortness of breath a lot I suffer with a hiatus hernia I don't have heartburn just get burning throat horrendous chest pain and in the middle if my back well last night while falling asleep I was woke with what felt like I stopped breathing I felt like a goldfish out of water I immediately started panicking and couldn't get to sleep after that as I was worried I wouldn't wake up alday today ive had shortness of breath and tbe same feeling it will happen again I've just got in bed and I'm worrying that it will happen again my friend mom told me that her hi doctor told her it's a good job she came when she did else she'd of been dead in 12 months she would of suffocated on her acid since she told me that I worry all tbe time about it I'm so worried

Try this technique before sleep. Try it now, actually.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/chronic_obstructive_pulmonary_disease_copd/hic_pursed_lip_breathing.aspx

It really helps. :)

RVP
02-02-14, 23:00
the doctor told your friend that she would suffocate on her acid? I'm not sure I understand that fully.
Did she have too much acid?

I too have exactly the same symptoms as you, really bad indigestion, back pain from indigestion.
I have been to see the doctor and she put me on a 4 week course of omeprazole, 2 a day then 2 weeks 1 a day. It has helped, but it hasn't fully gone.
The back pain has gone though, so if you haven't seen a doctor about it I would go see one and they'll probably give you the same medication.

saab
02-02-14, 23:01
So sorry that you are feeling so bad. I would try to prop yourself up in bed to sleep. I think I would also see your gp again to explain how anxious you are and get some reassurance. Hope you feel better soon.

illgetthere
02-02-14, 23:14
Thank-you all for your replys means so much I didn't think anyone would I was given lansoprazole 60mg but gives me palps and makes me dizzy so stopped ppi's don't really agree with me I've taken 20mg of gaviscon advance I'll ring doctors in tbe morning the lump feeling tightness in my throat is really bad at the moment and that's what she told me about her gi doctor I saw the same 1 last year he didn't seem at all fussed about whst I'd told him done an endoscopy and said everything was fine thing is I know I have lpr( silent reflux) and I have a terrible wheeze I've been using my sins inhaler I'm so scared to close my eyes I don't want that thing to happen it was horrible

RVP
02-02-14, 23:32
What you said about your throat chest and back, I had EXACTLY the same.
If you find my previous threads you can read them.

Like I said, Gaviscone never worked for me, I was taking it 4x a day for about a week before I went drs.
I would suggest going back to the Doctors, tell them the problem and ask for an alternative medication, in which case they might give you omeprazole

I still have recurring pains in throat and chest after eating or randomly, but it's not all day whereas before I was on omeprazole it was literally from the moment I had breakfast till I went to bed.

Also another thing the dr told me was people skip breakfast (I do most of the time) which creates extra acid in your stomach. So make sure you have a decent breakfast in the morning.

illgetthere
02-02-14, 23:51
I had a reaction to omeprazole too I alwYs have toast for my breakfast my mouth it tingling as I type this I feel like going to a and e I'm worried about suffocating do you get the throat tightness aswell?

RVP
03-02-14, 00:53
With anxiety I get throat tightness, and it feels I have to try harder to breath.

I also get a lumpy feeling on the bottom of my throat with indigestion/acid, this also effects my back and the upper stomach just below the sternum.