PDA

View Full Version : how would you describe your chest pain?

hangingbasket
03-02-14, 08:08
Ok so for months and months I've had a pain in my ribs. On the right side of my body, at the front and side. Sometimes it feels like a pinching pain below my right breast and sometimes its an ache more to the side, like below my armpit. Its there everyday and hasn't gotten worse but hasn't gotten better either. Doctor thinks its muscular but my month's course of anti inflammatory tablets didn't help.
Now I'm not expecting anyone to diagnose this pain. What I'm hoping is some response as to whether or not this would be classed as chest pain?
Chest pain is incredibly common with anxiety but I've never classed myself as a sufferer of chest pain as mine is in my ribs. But I guess this still counts as chest pain right?
I think in a way, I'd feel better about it if I called it chest pain. Its so common amongst anxiety sufferers that I could chalk it up to an anxiety symptom and stop worrying.
Chest/rib muscles must be damn sensitive cause I'm sure whatever I'm doing to irritate them, I must be doing in my sleep!!

Andrash
03-02-14, 09:17
Mine is the classic heartburn pain, combined with lump in throat sensation and sometimes, when I am under heavy stress, difficulty swallowing.

LF87
03-02-14, 12:29
I worry about various chest pains too. Mine are usually just twinges but they set me off worrying. I have had some scarier pains that are really strong and spread into my arm, but I'm starting to believe eventually that they may be muscular as the pain fades with rubbing the area.
I worry about pains in my left arm the most though, feels like an ache that lasts a few seconds in various areas of my arm.
My doctor has given me the opportunity to go get an ecg if I want to. It's an appointment card and you can just take it to the hospital whenever. But I'm too scared to go :/
Argh. Horrible.

hangingbasket
03-02-14, 20:44
I dont think I want/need an ecg. My pain is ALWAYS and ONLY on the right. In the ribs. This is why I'm not sure it classes as chest pain or not.

mbarger33
04-02-14, 01:58
Mine switch sides. I'll have a feeling like someone ppushing their finger between myribs, followed by sharp pains. Sometimes II'll have what feels like a bolt of lightning dash across my chest. Sometimes it's a dull pain Iin my armpit. SometimesIit goes up my neck anddown my arms..

The best help I've given myself is being on these forums and going to get a ECG and stress ECG .. it has greatly put my mind at ease.

I was taking baby asprin and carrying a bottle with me at all times because before my tests i was convinced I was always 2 minutes away from a heart attack.

I'm much better now. Thanks to this forum and talking to a cardiologist and having 2 tests done ...

jazzylook13
04-02-14, 06:05
Hey sometime i feel panic in my chest, i think i feel this when i weak or when i face problem like gastric but i can't describe how its is, just it cumbersome!

chl_hobbs
04-02-14, 13:59
WOW... Im having exactly the same pains in the same side. Although mine also seems to be down my right side (to the mid waist area). Its really worrying me now. I have had ecgs, chest xrays, blood test for clots and inflammation... nothing. I had an abdo ultrasound the other week as the drs thought I had gallbladder problems but there was so much gas apparently, that they couldn't see much, but said that because the bloods were ok, I was ok???? So what the hell is the pain??! I panic with it, and I find when I get stressed I also get a pain in the right side of my upper back , next to the shoulder blade near the spine. Its horrible and so scary as I seriously think something is majorly wrong. How can my ribs hurt so much only on that side?? And under my rib cage on the side???

charlotte x

hangingbasket
04-02-14, 16:15
Charlotte I'm sorry you're suffering too but its kind of nice hear. I haven't had the tests that you've had as doctor thinks its muscular. How long have you been having this pain? Quite a while I suppose as you've had a lot of tests. Is your pain there every day?

chl_hobbs
04-02-14, 18:44
yes, every day for the past 3 weeks :( its horrible. Im convinced I have gallbladder disease as I get a pain in my back also and severe cramps in my stomach...but the chest pain is always there. am so scared. I have gastritis and acid reflux, but this feels like nothing ive had before :(

hangingbasket
04-02-14, 19:05
Mine has been around for about 6 months.. I guess if it was serious I'd be pretty ill by now

eddy1608
05-02-14, 20:20
hi hanging basket, i ve had aches and pains in my chest daily for 16 months now so i now exactly how you feel ive had 3 ecgs and blood tests all normal but i still thik its my heart. i ve been referred to physio as they think its muscular pain due to poor posture and of course anxiety. what is your posture like? the pains i get are hard to describe its kind of like a dull ache all the time and it can feel worse depending how anxious i am but it defo sucks

kurtis1990
05-02-14, 20:35
Severe pains that travel to my neck and arm on the left side. Pain is shooting and severe lasting around 5 to 10 seconds can be both left sided chest pain and cntral. Most ive had done is ecg which is clear. My doctor is being a bonehead so I'm pretty much screwed