PDA

View Full Version : Is this just my anxious thoughts?

AnxietySufferer
03-02-14, 08:23
Okay, so I am worried about someone close to me's health. His symptoms started out with rashes down the arm and hands and tiredness (put down to a bit of excema or somthing). A couple of nights ago he went to bed, he woke up in the middle of the night sweating LOADS, resulting in him putting about 5 towels on the bed... Bearing in mind the weather is freezing at the moment. This has made me really worried, when my own health anxiety was bad I use to read symptoms lists a lot.. And in especially worried about the sweat on waking him up for sleep as I have heard this can be a sign of cancer. He seems otherwise alright, apart from the rash which had been the sameish for the last few weeks. He just keeps saying he can't be bothered to do anything.. He's been going to work but has felt really tired when he gets home so has had a lazy weekend. HE DOES NOT HAVE ANXIETY, I really need some advice.

Andrash
03-02-14, 09:16
Okay, so I am worried about someone close to me's health. His symptoms started out with rashes down the arm and hands and tiredness (put down to a bit of excema or somthing). A couple of nights ago he went to bed, he woke up in the middle of the night sweating LOADS, resulting in him putting about 5 towels on the bed... Bearing in mind the weather is freezing at the moment. This has made me really worried, when my own health anxiety was bad I use to read symptoms lists a lot.. And in especially worried about the sweat on waking him up for sleep as I have heard this can be a sign of cancer. He seems otherwise alright, apart from the rash which had been the sameish for the last few weeks. He just keeps saying he can't be bothered to do anything.. He's been going to work but has felt really tired when he gets home so has had a lazy weekend. HE DOES NOT HAVE ANXIETY, I really need some advice.

The advice is simple-he should visit the doctor and explain everything. It's probably nothing sinister, but symptoms sound serious enough to warrant a visit to the GP's.

Night sweats can be a sign of cancer, but this is very rare. Many other things spring to mind-infection being the most common. Still, infection should be caught early and treated too, therefore he should visit the doctor asap.