PDA

View Full Version : Morning anxiety

Spondoolicks
03-02-14, 11:25
Hello to all. I have just recently downloaded the free cbt course and I'm reading through the books at the moment. May I say that it is very good but of course a little daunting. Having to face your panic head on. I have already tried practising this and yesterday had good results. My problem is first thing in the morning. Everyday I get up and my heart is pounding so hard, I don't seem to get any other symptoms other than obsessive thoughts (worrying whether I will have a heart attack, but I'm working on that). I tried the technique this morning trying to convince myself that it was only adrenaline, but it just would not work, my heart kept on thumping. I try and get on with getting things done, getting myself ready, kids ready for school and so on but the banging heart keeps going. I have made lots of changes to my life. I gave up drinking a while ago and now down to 5 cigarettes a day. My house is very busy in the mornings with little ones and teenagers getting ready. There is usually some sort of squabble going on. I know I have to sit down and try and work through this and maybe replan my morning but have no idea where to start. I will try and catch my thoughts before they start tomorrow to see if it is any better. I just wish that everyday wasn't the same. I never get a morning that this symptom is not happening. If anyone has any ideas please post :)

WhyWhyWhy
03-02-14, 11:57
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=148637

Please read this that I posted recently I can relate a lot as can many others xxx