PDA

View Full Version : really bad heart anxiety today

LF87
03-02-14, 13:24
Hi,
I'm really panicking about my heart today. I've got stabbing pains in my ribs and chest and I. Mmy arm. I dont know why it's so bad today but I'm getting myself really distressed and upset. I don't know whether to go to a and e or not.
Does anyone get anything like this? My doctor listened to my heart last week and said it sounded fine but gave me an appointment card to get an ecg if I wanted.
Please help :(
Now I'm thinking she thought there was something wrong that's why she gave me the card.

Andrash
03-02-14, 13:30
1. Remember the golden rule-if you really had a heart attack, you wouldn't be able to post here. :)
2. Doctors often send anxiety sufferers to have ecg for reassurance. I'm sure ecg will show that your heart works properly.

LF87
03-02-14, 15:17
Thanks for replying Andrash.

It sort of feels like heartburn pains, but after googling a while ago I read the worst possible thing I could read. It basically said women's heart attack symptoms can be less severe than mens, and may feel like bad heartburn/indigestion. It also said something about symptoms coming on weeks before an actual attack. And that's stuck like glue in my head, as it would. I don't know how true or reliable that info is, but I'm still really scared.
Something would have happened by now wouldn't it?
Today is not a good day.