PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal and its back!!!

xena
20-11-06, 19:48
Hi all, well what can i say apart from i am gonna fight this evil 'health anxiety'
I stopped taking Citalopram about a week ago and i did taper slightly but not entirely as per docs instructions....... anyway coming off Citalopram is proving a bit of an effort for me much more than Lustral. The usual lightheadedness etc.... But the anxiety well thats different...
I have had scalp/head pains for about the length of time i have come off these meds and i was convinced it was a tumour/blood clot etc etc. I have spoke to my doc TWICE and he has reassured me and spoke to my hubby. But still i cant quite grasp the reality, my scalp is tender/bruised to touch, and the pains are easing SO WHY CANT I BELEIVE what my gp is saying that he is not worried by the symptoms.. so why am i?????!!!!
AAARRGGHHH i can see the reality but somehow i can't quite grasp it myself!!
I suppose i lot of my probs come from my Fathers death 2 years ago from Lung cancer with brain and bone mets... Horrible horrible experience.. Please people give me some encouragement.... I AM GONNA FIGHT THIS[Yeah!]

OCD and HEALTH ANXIETY SUFFERER

al76
20-11-06, 19:59
Hi,
Just keep hanging in there. I get the sore scalp thing, constantly think i have found a bump on my scalp and push it until it hurts, comes and goes, just need to keep myself distracted and it goes away.

kind regards
Al