PDA

View Full Version : Gay problem

EthanHid
03-02-14, 14:18
Hmmm, how can i start with this. I have recently noticed that i like boys more than girls. So it's 90% confirm that i am gay. It's no problem for me though, i totally and happily accept myself for whoever i am. But, i live in Vietnam, people still have very very very little knowledge about these things. Should i just come out and ignore everyone including my family ? Or just stay low, keep the secret till it is accepted ( which will probably be like 10 more decades lol ). Really don't want to let my parents down, but you know, also don't want to marry a person that i just have little interest in.
Ps: sorry for my bad English

Oosh
03-02-14, 19:24
Your English is perfect !

Without knowing Vietnamese culture I wouldn't really have any confidence in answering this but I'll give it a go because I don't want you to think nobodies interested.

Is there ANY chance your parents will accept you being gay ?
Is being gay accepted in Vietnam ?

I think if you want to be happy you have to be yourself and feel accepted and liked. You could go somewhere were you will feel that. You'd have a better idea of where that might be possible.

I'm gonna put my rose tinted glasses on. Aah, all has become clear.
Travel far away to study. Have a few boyfriends, explore who you are, study, better yourself whilst mum and dad are proud of you at home because you're bettering yourself.

Return home a few years later " mum, I'm a doctor, professional blahlah, engineer and meet my boyfriend Phil"
Mum and dad are so happy you're back and are now educated and brilliant they barely notice Phil. Happy days !

Probably haven't helped at all but hang in there mate. Hope you find a way through that lot.

Lyrica
03-02-14, 19:39
I tried to hide to fact that I'm a lesbian for years. I even had a serious relationship with a man for 2 years.
I was afraid that society and my family wouldn't accept me.
after a long time I became unhappy. I couldn't pretend anymore and I fell in Love with a girl. I told everyone, my family don't really accept it. But I don't care because I'm being honest with myself and being in Love is the greatest feeling in the world. I'm not going to pretend that coming out as gay is easy, but if you want to be true to yourself and find Love I'd go for it.

swgrl09
03-02-14, 20:22
Wow, that sounds really hard :( I am glad you accept yourself and I really hope your family can too. If not, I hope you can find a way to still be happy regardless of what you decide. I'm sorry I cannot give any advice, as everybody is different on when they are ready if ever to come out to their family. :hugs: