PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm finally officially here....

mbarger33
03-02-14, 15:18
Hello

i have been having anxiety problems for almost a year now, life's been hard for me. Losing my dad at 13 years old from heart disease at 46 (he had scarlet fever at a young age and was a heavy smoker) a month later my grandmother whom I was extremely close to was diagnosed with colon cancer which she passed from a month after my dad. This in turnttriggered a stress response in my mother which ultimately led to advanced MS (she can hardly feed herself and is totally dependant on my sister to live.

My grandfather died last year from kidney failure, my girlfriends dad whom also is a family friend died 2 months after my grandfather, from cancers of the blood which spread to his lungsand caused sepsis... a month after that my cat was officially diagnosed with lymphoma. ..

to stay 2013 was a bad year is and understatment.Shortly after my grandfather and girlfriends dad passed i had my first panic attack.

i took an allergy pill Iin the morning with a rockstar. 4 hours later i had a big lunch with 2 huge cups of iced tea. An hour after i ate my life changed forever, I was sitting in traffic in my work truck when all of a sudden my heart started racing, my left arm went numb I had serve chest pains I couldn't breathe and my vision was closing in. I told myself this is it.. my family history caught up to me... I'm having a heart attack!! Being 3 minutes from an ER I rushed there without delay, this wasn't safe but I was in fight or flight mode. I got to the ER and they took me back immediately the nurse ripped open my shirt hooked up 12 wires to my chest on a ECG my heart rate was 160/96 but no sign of a heart attack. They took me to xray to measure heart and check my lungs, both came back clear. They ran blood work to check thyroid and everything came back normal. They left me on a drip with a shot of Ativanfor 4 hours until my resting rate returned to normal and I went home.

You'd think after getting a clean bill of health I'd be ok. But something happened to me when an immortal figure in my life passed suddenly (grandpa) and then the sudden passing of my girl friends dad. I became obsessed with my health.. at this same time i started noting flat stools. With bright red blood when would use the rest room.. BOOM cancer switch went off "I have colon cancer. Just like my grandmother.." hit up dr google. Flat stools itching and blood.. cancer cancer cancer cancer. I was in panic. At this point I started over examining I found 2 hard lumps in my lower jaw.. google.. oral cancer cancer cancer.. more panic. "Oh my god.. my colon cancer has spread and now it's in my jaw"

Boom the chest pains came back. "The doctors are wrong, Google says if you have chest pains you having cardiac failure. This has to be right. Those stupid doctors had have missed something."

Lower right abdominal pain with change in stool size and color.. "I'm dying, cancer is taking over inside of me from my grandmother genetics and my heart is failing from our family history"

I self diagnosed constantly becoming obsessed with google. I carried baby asprin with me at all times in the event I would have a heart attack.. I started taking antacids hoping it would just be GERD nothing worked. I went to my GP explained my issues and she did another ECG compared it to my emergency room visit and it was exactly the same. Only my rate was higher in the ER. She told me I should talk to someone. Gave me a script for 0.05mg Ativanfor the aattacks. Told me if i end up taking two pills every day to come in because i need to be on something permanent. She also ordered an ultrasound of my tummy and a stress test ECG.

i put these tests off because i was scared what they would find. I was scared that Google would be right all along.

First was the stress test. I ran for 14 minutes with 2 nurses and a cardiologist watching my graphs.. i had the pains while running but nothing showed up. After the test the cardiologist said there's nothing wrong with your heart.. you have no blocked arteries and the signal is strong. You have 2 extra beats which is totally normal and some palpitations in the beginning (when I was laying on the bed nervous before the test)

Ever since this day I've been so much better with managing and ignoring my chest pains.

I'm still waiting on the ultra sound that was a anxiety driven experience, woman nurse spending long amounts of time on my right side asking for deep breaths and making strange faces. Had me worried she found something.. The left side she spent about 20 seconds.where i have no pain.. I'm still waitingfor these results.

However a new slightly annouying HA issue has risen.. i now think sometimes that i have lung cancer. And that's where the chest pains orriginate. This also mixed with the bad H1N1 strain for flu season this year taking people out in my age group... I'm a mess when I'm out and people cough or sneeze..

This anxiety deal is the worst. I never understood the pain and suffering that was involved.. and its a daily fight for my sanity to null and tell myself everything is ok.

The only good thing about Dr google is I found you guys here.. which has helped metremendously knowing Im not alone.

:bighug1:

Tanner40
03-02-14, 16:23
MBarger, welcome to NMP. You have found a great place with many helpful people that will totally understand what you're going through. While waiting on counseling, why not try a free CBT course that is offered online. I use it and it's a wonderful tool.

You have had a very tough year with a great deal of heart ache. The stress that you are under is perfectly normal. Staying off any medical sites on Google will help you tremendously. You can also begin by practicing a guided meditation on a daily basis. Even 15 minutes a day will help you a lot. I also try to watch something that will make me laugh for thirty minutes a day. Laughter truly is some good medicine.
Good luck on your journey.