PDA

View Full Version : Night Terror Panic Attacks!!

TelBoy
03-02-14, 20:08
Hi All....

Have any of you experienced waking up in the middle of the night in a breathless/panic state? Thankfully I haven't had one since last November
*thank GOD*:scared15: I have had day time panic attacks on and off for years, but in the last 2 years I have had 3 of these night terror attacks and to be honest with you all, I am worried to death to go to sleep...When I go to bed I am not what I would call stressed or worried directly about anything, so this is really freaking me out as to why I am having this dreadfulness in the middle of the night... when I wake up, it feels like I have just died, and I am drowning and fighting for air with my heart pumping like mad... It lasts for about 2- 3 minutes, then I calm down and off to sleep I go:scared15:
But as I mention, I haven't had it since November, and hopefully never again, so I just wondered if I am actually going insane as I have never known anyone else ever to have this...... thanks everyone..

Lucy11
03-02-14, 20:51
Hi, my first time on here but just wanted to offer a response which may help you. My friend suffered from this last year.

She felt as if her heart had slowed down and then woke up gasping for air. She
was very worried too. She had lots of tests.....heart checks. All was fine and it was put down to stress. She was advised to avoid alcohol, chocolate, caffeine and stress. Take care.

TelBoy
03-02-14, 21:32
Thanks Lucy:)))))))

I am actually going to a sleep clinic dept at the hospital about this, but hopefully it is just panic and nothing worse!!:)))
I was given a night oxygen monitor etc to wear for 2 nights, I took it
back to the hospital and the consultants secretary phoned me to say, I
have nothing to worry about regarding the night monitor, but it is still inconclusive at the moment....but I just hope that I never have one of those night time ( dreadfulness ) again!!:)) it is really frightening :ohmy::scared15:
Thank you for letting me know what your friend went through, at least I am not the only mad one on here:)) :bighug1:

chomer86
04-02-14, 00:06
Hi Telboy,
Im sorry to hear you are suffering with this but also relieved I am not alone with it! This too happens to me. Happened just last night all through the night I had to call into work sick today as I had hardly slept. Mine started about 18 months ago, I was drifting to sleep and at the minute of being asleep I woke up gasping for air as if my heart had slowed right down to the point of stopping and I needed air, like on the brink of death. It has been happening on and off from that point. It disappeared for months recently and I thought I was "cured" until last weeks episode and last nights! Its so scary isn't it!? I too am waiting for a sleep study appointment but I have to wait until March 10th. I do have troubles with my heart and am under a cardiologist, just recently had a ct scan done and awaiting the results but my cardiologist doesn't think this is linked. I hope not. Here's hoping we sleep better tonight. Please PM me if u ever need to talk, its difficult explaining to people who don't suffer from it themselves and to get the support x