PDA

View Full Version : marriage counselling

cat85pink
03-02-14, 21:17
Hi

I know I posted the same issue 6 month a go but I still need help

My husband goes to his friends house every night. I feel so lonely. Normally I watch tv and ring family but it's coming between us and has been a problem for the last 3 years. Im really aware that if we are watching something in the evening as soon as its finished hes off out. He says he'll make an effort but it doesn't last long one night in maybe. Now im starting to feel anxious sitting with him like im waiting.

We have the stress of our upcoming ivf appointment plus my anxiety on our minds.

Is there anywhere we can go for free relationship help?
Hes not keen on it, but I think we need it before it gets any worse. I still love him and want our marriage to work.

lizzie29
03-02-14, 21:46
Why does he go out every night? To be honest, I don't find that acceptable in a relationship. I'm not saying he should stay home every night, but there needs to be a balance. Have you tried asking him why he goes?

I've only heard of relate, but I think they charge.

cat85pink
03-02-14, 22:52
I don't know habit I think he did this before we mett. I thought he was bored because I like to stay in alot but lts the same if I get out. I know the friend he goes to and know they a playing video games smoking tabs.

lizzie29
05-02-14, 00:08
Sounds like he's sort of still living the single life, and that does have to change a bit when you're with someone.

It's definitely good to have time apart and with friends, but not to that extreme. Could you suggest stuff you could do together in the evenings?

cat85pink
05-02-14, 19:15
We have a couple of hobbies we do together but obviously with my agoraphobia we don't go to the cinema or out for meals. We do see each other during the day too if hes working from home. We've both agreed that 2 nights out a week with his friends is better for our marriage. Hopefully he'll stick to it. Thanks for your advice