PDA

View Full Version : Can I just say? ARRGHGHGH!

spanna9
03-02-14, 21:58
Phew! Sorry had to get that out of my system!
You know what I am so frickin FED UP of anxiety and panic right now. I know, I know... you have to accept your feelings,don't judge them, face your fears blah blah blah but that is really bloody hard to do!! I am so angry and frustrated with my anxiety! I want to kick it and punch it till it disappears away.
I have suffered and been medicated for 10 years for this pain in the arse thing. Since May last year its been pretty consistent, with anxious periods the majority than 'normal' times. I've moved back in with my parents for more support. My meds have increased. And last week I had an awful panic attack when driving and so now am scared of driving. Saw doc today and he put me on beta blockers to help with panic. Off work this week and going to see how I feel next week. Don't want to turn agrophobic, but theirs a part of me that doesn't even care anymore. I have read so many self-help articles, books, I know so much about it, thought about it so much. And yet here I am.
Feeling rather defeated by it all. Just want to have afew weeks where I feel okay. normal. the me I used to be x

Yossino
06-02-14, 20:46
It can be damn frustrating sometimes can't it. What I can suggest to you are a few things.

After learning what you can about anxiety itself, you gotta start learning about yourself. It massively helps making your own treatment that works for you! It takes a lot of patience and hard work, but it pays off. It's also not completely 100% reliable, but it's much better than nothing.

Anxiety will cause you to only feel anxiety if you let it. You'll lose touch with things that make you feel good. The goal is to do the opposite of this. Remember what it means to feel good. The more you know about yourself the more you can trigger the opposite feelings of panic and anxiety. Also having an exit strategy is good too, like paying attention to what exact level of anxiety you have, and feeling good about the second it decreases. Also finding methods to decrease it when you start to feel it ramping up too. You gotta find what works for YOU.

I find a warm feeling inside me, and go with it. It helps distract from anxiety. It takes quite a bit of mental fortitude to do this sometimes, but I'm getting better as time goes on. It just takes a lot of learning about myself (yourself). You gotta look at it outside of the panic/anxiety.

but yes, hating it is good. It's your enemy, and you gotta do anything to fight it. Beat it back, I believe you can. :hugs:

Lilharry
06-02-14, 21:07
Change of diet and lifestyle has helped me soooo much, much more than any meds or counselling ever did. I think diet is really underestimated in causing anxiety symptoms. I know realise that when I'm feeling anxious it's usually because of something I've eaten or something I'm not getting enough of. We keep getting told it's all in our heads, but it's actually just a symptom of some imbalance in our body.

DustingMyselfOff
06-02-14, 21:23
I would love to hear more about your theory that diet is strongly connected to anxiety. I have started to realize that carbs and sugar cause me to feel reactive hypoglycemic symptoms which automatically trigger the panic. Once the quickly-changing blood sugar level makes me feel dizzy and shaky, the panic jumps in and really knocks me for a loop.
Sue

Lilharry
06-02-14, 21:33
Yes, carbs and sugar can definitely do that! I have cut out most grains and all sugar. It's been tough, but I was so sick I didn't have any choice but to try it. I have found that the paleo type diets work best for me. I have been following the Perfect Health Diet which allows for more carbs like potato and rice than strict paleo, which I find is beneficial, but it's different for everyone. Lots of info online about going paleo and loads of people with all sorts of symptoms have found it to be beneficial.