PDA

View Full Version : blot clot fears again!!

India123
03-02-14, 22:25
Yet more pulmonary embolism fears keeping me up at night!!

It's been three weeks now since I started getting chest pain, I've been to the doctors multiple times about it and had two ECG's done (both came out fine), one of the doctors I saw diagnosed me with GERD, the other diagnosed me with Costochondritis and it seems at the moment that no-one is really sure. The problem is despite two clear ECG's I can't get the thought of a pulmonary embolism out of my head! I've been having loads of aches and pains in my legs, the other day I looked in the mirror and it looks like my left leg is ever so slightly bigger than my right (basically unnoticeable unless I really look), I can't see any noticeable swelling and it may just be that leg is slightly bigger anyway but I'm freaking out ): I have a slight cough but it's only very occassionally (like I'll cough a few times in an entire day). I can't help but worry myself sick though :weep:

suzibandit
03-02-14, 22:39
We are not symmetrical so one leg will be bigger than the other ! I too have dvt blood clot fear. (Along with all the other illnesses!)'''I too have been to hospital several times and if you had a clot I think you would know about it. Your leg really does swell, you would have difficulty breathing and standing. I am slowly very slowly getting over the dvt fear by listening to my rational side. Feel free to pm me if you want to talk xxx

roxy90
03-02-14, 23:16
You sound like me last year. Chest pain 4 clear ECG and I was totally paranoid about blood clots. I had a clear chest xray two negative d dimers and they'd all missed it. Infact I believe I have one right now! DVT though, not PE (yet I'm sure)

Did you know that PE's usually cause a change on an ECG? The over whelming probability is that you have nothing anywhere near a PE. I was diagnosed with both GERD and Costo, you will know if you have Costco because your chest is very tender to the touch, especially in the ribs and the breast bone.

I tortured mysf for months about a PE, so much time wasted. You are fine, though I know that's no comfort to you but honest j don't think you Havr anything to worry a about. And I definitely need to take my own advice!