PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin short term memory loss

On Fire
04-02-14, 03:17
Help, Pregabalin is making me stupid!
I have just started back on 300mg/day of Pregabalin. It has been a Godsend for my Generalised Anxiety Disorder, but wow is it making me stupid! My short term memory is shot to pieces. I forget what I am doing.
Does anybody else suffer short term memory loss due to Pregabalin?
Pregabalin is also giving me a sort of mild depression, but it is preferable to terrible anxiety.
How do you deal with short term memory impairment?
Many thanks for any replies.

hanshan
04-02-14, 04:03
Hi On Fire,

Glad to hear that pregabalin is helping with the anxiety. If you're just starting back, it's more than likely that your memory will come back. Most people seem to experience some thought disturbance when starting pregabalin, but it's usually temporary.

As for the mild depression, my experience is that pregabalin takes away most of the anxiety, but after the first week or so (when some people experience a temporary mild elated feeling) it isn't a feel-good drug as such. With the anxiety gone, I can be left feeling rather flat. I tell myself that pregabalin will take away my anxiety, but it won't make me happy - I have to do that.

On Fire
04-02-14, 07:35
Thanks hanshan for the excellent, informative, and prompt reply. I wish there was a thanks and or like button on this forum!

hanshan
04-02-14, 11:51
Hi On Fire,

No need for a Like button, as long as it was helpful. But thanks :)