PDA

View Full Version : Hi - newbie

Bellar
20-11-06, 21:40
Hi. I posted this on the Health Anxiety board but thought I'd better put it here, as it's my first post.

Hi, I'm so glad to have found this forum. I have suffered health anxiety ever since the birth of my daughter two and a half years ago. It started off after having some heart flips following the birth which really scared me. I then became a constant pulse checker, worried about it constantly convinced I was going to drop dead and started having panic attacks. I still get the missed beats (PVC's) but have learned to live with them now. Had all the tests which came back ok, but only after obsessing over it and letting it ruin my life for over two years. On Friday night, I woke suddenly from sleep and my heart was racing, too fast to count but I'm guessing around 200. I got out of bed and felt faint and had tingling in my arms and hands. After about 15 mins, heart slowed down to about 90 and I went back to bed, although didn't sleep. The next day, I was totally drained but had to work (I'm a bridal makeup artist) so forced myself to get up and about.

It seems that I'm thinking and worrying about my health every minute of every day. At the moment, my stomach is very bloated (I look about 9 months preg), I'm getting pains just below my right ribs which come and go, the middle of my chest feels sore where the stomach is, I'm getting a bit of reflux and I have pain under my right shoulder too which feels sore. I also get various pains in my abdomen which come and go and I feel nausea a lot of the time. I'm really worried that something is very wrong and I can't stop focusing on it.

Sorry for the long post, but it helps to talk to others who know what it's like to get worked up about health things. I have a very understanding doctor who has told me I'm suffering from General Anxiety Disorder which was kicked off after the heart thing during pregnancy and also as a result of a traumatic childhood.

Would love to hear from others who have been through this and thanks for reading.

LickeyEndBlues
20-11-06, 22:39
Hi Bellar

Welcome to NMP. I think your very understanding doctor has it spot on, I have suffered from some of the symptoms you describe, particularly the chest and stomach pains, the reflux and shoulder, neck and back pain. All of these I attribute to stress and anxiety and nothing sinister.

You will find lots of help, advice and support in here, and most certainlyth efeeling of not being alone. There are loads offolks who will also be able to relate to your circumstances, however as a guy, I only experienced the pregnancy from a distance!!

Take care

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

honeybee3939
20-11-06, 22:44
HI Bellar,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way !:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

manmoor
21-11-06, 00:21
Hi Bellar,

A big warm welcome to you. I too suffer from health anxiety and know how tough it can be. We are all here for each other.

Take Care

Mandyxx

trac67
21-11-06, 14:51
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Chopper
21-11-06, 14:52
Welcome,

I hope you find these forums as beneficial as I do.

It's often easier to articulate how you feel in type than verbally in person and in here you can raise anything and find that, no matter how bizarre or unique you might think your problem is, the chances are there's someone out there watching the forum who's exactly the same, suffering like you, worrying like you .... and getting better like you.:D

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

Lindalou64
21-11-06, 14:58
WELCOME MAY I SAY THIS LAST YR AFTER BEING HOSPTALIZED W/PNEMONIA AND CAME HOME I FELT I WAS GETTIN SICKER AND SICKER MY STOMCAHE ALWAYS HURT AND MY ANXIETY WAS SKY HIGH KEPT GOING TO MY DOCS AND CALLIN HER WELL SHE GOT SICK OF ME AND JUST SAID YOUR DOING THIS TO YA SELF IM LIKE HOW THE HELL AM I DOING THIS TO MY SELF........BUT SHE WAS RIGHT WITH OUT EVEN KNOWING ALL THE STRESS I WAS GOING THRU AT THE TIME I WAS MAKIN MYSELF SICK MY STOMACHE WAS HUGE EVEN THO I LOST LIKE 30 LBS VERY BLOATED WHAT STRESS CAN DO BUT SHE DID PUT ME ON THIS MED CALLED PROMETHAZINE AND IT DID STOP THE BELLY PROBS TOOK A LITTLE BIT....ANXIETY ALWAYS STARTS IN THE BELLY USUALLY AS WHEN YA STRESSED.......GOOD LUCK TO YA........LINDA XX[8D]