PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Nodes

Seans113
04-02-14, 06:47
Hey guys,

Back again.

I seem to have come down with a minor cold. Stuffy nose, sore throat, etc.

And I also noticed that i have a few lymph nodes on the left side that are felt more easily than normal. To be specific I can feel at least 3 and one of them feels bigger than the others. I would say they feel rubbery and movable, but I honestly don't know.

I know this is silly, but do you get swollen lymph nodes with a regular cold? I thought it was just a bacterial infection or something.

I also have been getting weird chills and my tongue has felt kinda weird all day.

I'm just praying its not lymphoma.

Anyone have any ideas?

RoseEve
04-02-14, 11:26
It's very normal. Your lymph nodes filter out the infection. I'm sure when you were little you remember your mother or doctor feeling your neck to see if your were sick. They were feeling the nodes.

emlica
04-02-14, 11:33
Absolutely your lymph nodes can go up in response to a cold virus. A lot of people have this idea that infection = bacteria. Not so. You can have a viral infection (which is essentially what a cold is), and your lymph nodes are just reacting to the infection. There's a lot of stuff going round at the minute. I've got a headache and a sore throat and I can feel under my jaw is a bit tender. It's that time of year!

bluetopazgirl
04-02-14, 16:04
Ive had swollen nodes for 3years now, mine started from impacted wisdom teeth and have never gone down which has spiralled a massive Lymphoma fear.. BUT.. the slightest cold, sore throat will send all my glands very tender - its a perfectly normal response - both my children have them up aswell , I think more people have them up then people realize but because of the availability of google - we all panic. Im sure its just your cold and I hope you feel better soon.

Seans113
04-02-14, 18:43
Thank you all for your helpful responses :)