PDA

View Full Version : Raised CRP levels

Cat80
04-02-14, 12:17
I had a blood test last Monday as Dr thought I have glandular fever so she did a test for that and full blood works. I called on Wednesday for the results and all normal I was told. But today I got a letter from the Dr's saying my CRP was slightly abnormal and that I needed to be retested in 2 weeks.

I have googled which I know I shouldn't but it's a sign of inflammation and sign you could have heart disease :weep: I am now worried because of my years of a dentist phobia and awful state of my teeth I have given myself heart disease. I am so scared I'm going to have a heart attack any minute :weep:

kurtis1990
04-02-14, 12:33
I know how you feel I'm going threw heart worrys at the moment. Funny you should mention your bloods showed signs of inflamation. During a nights stay in hospital I had two sets of bloods taken around five hours one of which showed inflamation and the latter wad normal. I wouldn't worry to much. If the doc thought it was serious you would be sent straight to a cardiologist

emlica
04-02-14, 12:41
It really is just a sign of inflammation or infection. That's all it means - and it was only 'slightly' abnormal. It'll probably be back down when you get tested again. If the doctor had been worried they'd have called you back sooner and/or ordered more tests to identify what's causing it. It *can* be due to inflammation of the arteries but it can also be due to inflammation of just about anything else!

Cat80
04-02-14, 12:42
Thank you so much for your replies, they have really helped calm me down. I did the stupid thing of googling and came up with the worst case scenario. I'll try not to worry to much till my next test been done next week. Thank you again

kurtis1990
04-02-14, 12:58
No problrm. Just keep thinking positive and avoid Google :)

Daisy Sue
04-02-14, 15:16
I'd agree - don't worry - when we fight any infection or have inflammation going on, the CRP level goes up. My daughter's was 20 at Xmas & she was really poorly - no idea why. She got better, levels are now normal again.

Cat80
04-02-14, 15:33
I had tonsilitis then a chest infection in December both treated with antibiotics. Been left exhausted ever since and breathless so Dr thought I could be aneamic or maybe had glandular fever but those results seem ok. Just worried what's going on but trying not till to I have my next blood tests