PDA

View Full Version : Panic Over

Two veggies
04-02-14, 14:20
Hello Everyone
I wanted to share that I suffered with PA's since 15 following a nasty assault which left me scared of everything. Suffering regular PA's and incredible anxiety.
Now I am PA free and anxiety is virtually nil. Only one incident this year when the I was on the Eurostar and it stopped in the tunnel for half an hour.

My cure: Propanolol. It was not an instant cure but over time the drug seems to block the flight or flight response. The amount of things I could not (well would not) do before. Always thinking the worst was going to happen. I have cancelled so much over the years as I was afraid.

It gives you a new lease of life if you are patient.

cjbudders
07-02-14, 01:40
Hey. Thats amazing. I'm actually against medication to use on myself as I feel I have to get over it myself.

BUT its nice to hear that if all else fails and I need that extra help and support I could talk to my GP about medications m then I have the reassurance that it might work when my attempts may have failed.

Stay strong Two Veggies.

venusbluejeans
09-02-14, 17:35
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

HPLovecraft
10-02-14, 23:09
I'm not in any sort of position to be giving advise about anything, so I'm happy to see someone that has found improvement in their life and now has the experience to speak about it. Really glad to hear things are better, now.

MB-7
25-02-14, 16:58
Hello Everyone
I wanted to share that I suffered with PA's since 15 following a nasty assault which left me scared of everything. Suffering regular PA's and incredible anxiety.
Now I am PA free and anxiety is virtually nil. Only one incident this year when the I was on the Eurostar and it stopped in the tunnel for half an hour.

My cure: Propanolol. It was not an instant cure but over time the drug seems to block the flight or flight response. The amount of things I could not (well would not) do before. Always thinking the worst was going to happen. I have cancelled so much over the years as I was afraid.

It gives you a new lease of life if you are patient.

Good news there !

How long did it take before you noticed an improvement ?

I just started on propranolol four days ago myself.
My GP originally gave me citalopram but after reading a lot of stuff about it the I declined ( silly maybe , time will tell), so the doc gave me prop .
I feel not bad so far , but had a not so good day today.