PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Programs?

will_wyler
20-11-06, 21:57
Has anyone tried any of the anxiety programs mentioned at anxietyaway.com? I've been looking online for an alternative to anxiety medication, and am considering something like this. If you've tried any one or more of these programs, did you find it effective? Or did you find one approach more effective than the other? Also, can someone suggest a book that REALLY helps? Not just 500 pages of information - I don't want to just read about anxiety, I want to solve the problem. Any input please!!

candie
20-11-06, 22:27
Hi will,

Any book by Dr Claire Weekes is highly recommended.I have 4 of her titles and theyre all brilliant.She offers theories,explanations and does her very best to try and guide you through anxiety and panic so you can come out the other side.She has been known to completely cure people with her methods,its as if she is talking directly to you.

The only trouble is the books are a little bit dated now(shes passed away now), but still really easy to understand.

Ive read quite a few books but in my opinion they are the best.
Hope this has helped...Candie xx:D

Welcome to the forum by the way !!

honeybee3939
20-11-06, 22:55
Hi Will,

I agree with Candie, Dr Claire Weekes is definatley recommended, i have a couple of her books, its clear to follow and found her programs excellent.

Heres a post you may find of interest:
http://astore.amazon.co.uk/nicsmismatcofuse

Love

Andrea
xxx

spuds
21-11-06, 09:34
I have read a few of the books on Honeybees link page. Claire Weekes is definitely the best - I think 'Self Help for Your Nerves' is the best to start with. The yellow David Burns book 'Feeling Good' is good too - it has prcatical CBT exercies to help to overcome depression and also anxiety. The Bourne book was ok, but it's much the same thing as the David Burns. Claire Weekes will make you feel like someone understands and I think her method of letting the anxiety come instead of fighting it is the way forward for many of us.

chillx
21-11-06, 12:19
HI

I have also read Claire Weekes book "Self help for your nerves" and it is excellent. She gives you a clear understanding of the nervous system and why you are experiencing certain symptoms.

I free online CBT programme may also be of interest to you.

http://www.livinglifetothefull.com/elearning/

chillx