PDA

View Full Version : Update on my health anxiety

willous1
04-02-14, 16:50
Hi,

It's been a while. As a lot of you know, I was in a bad way a few weeks ago. I've improved a lot. I write a lot down and try to look at things differently. I have been getting on with normal life and am not sleeping during the day anymore. I don't take diazapam and am getting there.

Just now though I had a black bag of rubbish in the kitchen. I was tidying and cleaning the flat and had a top from yesterday I was meant to put it in bathroom but went to clean table then went to the kitchen and found I threw the tshirt in black bag. Straight away I panicked and felt like I used to. My techniques should help but not at moment. With dementia I always read about people putting things in strange places. At 29 I'm not going back to how I was. Just need some support at moment.

chomer86
04-02-14, 17:02
Hi Willous1,
Im sure its just one of those things, I remember not so long back I went to put the kettle in the fridge!!! :doh: I think lack of sleep, anxiety, mind racing can make us all do strange things sometimes without thinking. I wouldn't worry about it easier said than done I know. You are only 29 so the chances of you having dementia are extremely low. Take care & keep on with the positive progress you have made. X

Sam100322
04-02-14, 17:23
What techniques do you use?

willous1
04-02-14, 17:47
Hope so. Doctors have told me a million times I have not got dementia then I finally believe them and have become a different person then this happens

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

I write things down on a diagram stating what's happened, likeliness of it being something etc etc to stop me ruminating bit this time it's not effective. I'm scared for first time in ages.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

I really need some reassurance

Sam100322
04-02-14, 17:47
It might just of been you weren't concerntrating at the time I know my concentration at the moment is awful.

willous1
04-02-14, 18:03
I don't know, why do things happen after getting so much better

Phuzella
04-02-14, 18:08
Things are a lot better than they were though right?

willous1
04-02-14, 18:11
Until now, I don't know why I would have done it. Which dementia would I have looked just after and thought oh god why did I put tshirt there? I have literally been back to normal and was going to post a success thread. Then this has set me back.

Phuzella
04-02-14, 18:18
It's just a wobble. Let it make you more determined to keep on doing what you're doing to recover.
Your mind was so immersed in cleaning the flat, you threw the shirt in the rubbish, an understandable mistake to make in the circumstances.
Not dementia, just a normal thing that people do sometimes.

willous1
04-02-14, 18:20
Thanks, I hope so. I was thinking about wiping table when did it.

Andrash
04-02-14, 18:20
Willous, I really think you'd be the first person ever to have an onset of dementia at the age of 29. You really, really don't have to worry about dementia for at least 20 more years :)

willous1
04-02-14, 18:23
Thanks, that's what my doctor said and I was fine until this. :weep:

Andrash
04-02-14, 18:26
Thanks, that's what my doctor said and I was fine until this. :weep:

But really-I even think there are no recorded cases. There are young onsets of cancers, MS, ALS, other neurological disorders...The chances are one in 1000000000, but there are recorded cases. But Alzheimer's-no chance. Really.

willous1
04-02-14, 18:30
Thanks, my doctor has reassured me to the point that he refused to see me. All other doctors said same thing. I just panicked about this but just need to get into my head that it was just concentration but the what ifs kill me.

Fishmanpa
04-02-14, 18:36
Ok... Step away from the computer, go out and buy a lotto ticket because your chances are better on hitting that then having dementia..... That is unless the t-shirt was white... Throwing away a white t-shirt is a sure sign of dementia! ;)

Positive thoughts

willous1
04-02-14, 19:01
Thanks Fishmanpa, do you think I'm being silly then. Is it something that's just normal and I just wasn't concentrating. I am dealing with this a lot better than I would have.

Fishmanpa
04-02-14, 19:06
Thanks Fishmanpa, do you think I'm being silly then. Is it something that's just normal and I just wasn't concentrating. I am dealing with this a lot better than I would have.

You're asking for more reassurance and you posted a thread back on Jan 23rd that said it was your 100% last reassurance thread. You need to look inside for this one and I think you know the answer.

Positive thoughts

willous1
04-02-14, 19:17
Okay mate, I'm going to do that.

willous1
05-02-14, 08:46
Feeling a bit better today but still anxious. Going to keep my mind occupied.

Yesterday I was in a post office and saw a lady that looked the same as someone I know. But even know I know the persons face I can't remember where I know her from. It's been on my mind all night and it's really getting to be. These dementia thoughts basically went away and then yesterday these happened. Techniques are helping as I said but this site really helped me push in a couple of weeks back and I need that boost again.

---------- Post added at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Can anyone help

Andrash
05-02-14, 08:57
Willous, you have to understand that not having a memory of a world chess champion doesn't mean you have dementia.

willous1
05-02-14, 09:28
I know but it's always the what ifs. Going to work hard to get this out of my head today.

TooMuchToLiveFor
05-02-14, 13:23
Willous-

I do that ALL the time…..and I actually had an amazing memory until my anxiety spiraled out of control. Monday someone asked me how my weekend was- and I honestly couldn't (and still can't) really remember anything from Friday and Saturday! :shrug:

My husband, who does not suffer from anxiety or depression as a disorder, is in the middle of some very stressful work issues…….two nights ago he put the sour cream in to the cupboard next to the plates, instead of in the refrigerator- and we found it the next day. Then yesterday he put the garbage bag full of dirty diapers in our recycle container instead of the trash….he never does that.
He isn't developing dementia- he is under stress.

Willous- what does your therapist say about you looking here for reassurance? It was only about a week ago that you promised you were done looking for reassurance. I absolutely want to keep encouraging you, but I won't enable you with further reassurance about dementia- which we have told you over and over you don't have.

This might help-- go back through and read your old threads. This will show you that you are making some progress, and will also remind you of the many reassurances about the same questions that you have been given. Nothing has changed. You still don't have dementia. You still have anxiety.

Keep working forward! You don't have to live like this!

willous1
06-02-14, 09:48
Thanks for reply? My therapist said that I need to limit it but don't need to stop altogether. I need to write down every time I ask. I feel so sick with worry today. I just got my boys pants And socks out a while back a and don't know where I put them? Now I worry about where I put them, I can't explain how I feel. To almost get back to normal thèn this is heartbreaking. I know things happen all the time but as I've said it's always the what ifs and the CBT is not helping with that at the moment.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

I may have just not taking them out of bedroom as was looking for jumpers afterwards and they are hanging over front room door but i don't know for sure

june
06-02-14, 09:58
unfortunately this is one of the awful things about panic/anxiety / stress etc there is ALWAYS one more WHAT IF??? and it is always worrying - I also was doing quite well till a couple of weeks ago and then 'out of the blue' the anxiety came back.:scared15: don't know why. don't even know what i am worried about - it is just this awful feeling of terror.:weep:
I was also told to stop looking for reassurance - but - when terror strikes i am not capable of helping myself - i have been to doc twice this week - i know in my heart that it is just 'panic' but my brain just will not believe me it has to hear the doctor say it.
hope you are feeling better today:hugs:
june
x

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

from symptoms in the menu left of this screen
Having difficulty concentrating, repetitive thinking or incessant 'mind chatter'

What you feel:

Normal tasks seem hard to focus on, or that your concentration is a lot shorter now than before. You may also start something, and uncharacteristically forget what you were doing soon after. You may also have difficulty remembering where you placed things, who you just called, or what you were looking for or thinking about.
Your mind is racing all the time, and it never stops its chatter. Even when you are trying to relax your mind is going a million miles and hour. Sometimes songs will pop up that you can't get out or your mind, and you sing them all day long.
What causes this:

High stress biology and an over stimulated nervous system will often cause us to think rapidly and incessantly. Many refer to it as 'unceasing mind chatter'. It's this fast paced unfocused thought generation that impairs the memory and concentration. Since high stress biology produces natural stimulants, these continual doses of stimulants make it difficult to focus because the body and mind are so agitated. As the stress biology and nervous system calm down, normal thinking patterns re-establish and this symptom subsides.
hope this helps xx