PDA

View Full Version : feeling like a total failure.

roxy90
04-02-14, 19:17
I've been doing so well and everything's going to pot. I had calf pain last night. It had gone pretty much throughout the day but tonight it's pretty bad. Bad pain at the back of my calf down to my ankles.

I'm scared I:m going to die from a pulmonary embolism, the calf pain is quite bad and isn't received by rest. I could just break down why why why is this happening to me. I officially can't take any more of my life :(

Althea
04-02-14, 20:25
What are you doing for your anxiety, roxy? Can you draw on CBT or relaxation techniques to deal with the anxiety today?

Objectively, what you've described as "what's happening to me" isn't a big thing--localized aches and pains are pretty common, and the calf has a lot of tissue that's prone to stuff--as I think your rational mind knows. The problem here is how anxious it's making you. Can you take a nice warm bath?

LunaLiuna
04-02-14, 20:25
Hey don't be so hard on yourself, like you said you've been doing well, your bound to have a little setback. Remember how well you've done in the past and let that pull you back out of this brief wobble :)

Have you tried giving your calf a little massage? I know magnesium is also really good for aches and pains. Or as Althea said, a bath is always best.

I'm sure things will get better again, hang on in there :)

Andrash
04-02-14, 20:53
I've been doing so well and everything's going to pot. I had calf pain last night. It had gone pretty much throughout the day but tonight it's pretty bad. Bad pain at the back of my calf down to my ankles.

I'm scared I:m going to die from a pulmonary embolism, the calf pain is quite bad and isn't received by rest. I could just break down why why why is this happening to me. I officially can't take any more of my life :(

Ok, one question: if you really can't take any more of your life, why are you worried about diseases so much? Just let the embolism or cancer or whatever finish the job and to hell with it.

The answer is simple-you do like your life, you want your life to be beautiful and fulfilled, you deserve that, and you also want to be cured from anxiety. Well, as Fishman says, in order to slay the dragon you have to be brave. Don't let every single little setback discourage you-calf pain will be over soon, I promise!

I also promise that you'll experience a lot more various pains and sensations in your road to recovery from anxiety, but I hope that it will be lesson learned that time-when the dragon starts breathing fire, counter it with the ice of your indifference.

Of course, if pain worsens, take paracetamol and it will give you a temporary relief and, more importantly, time to get your mind straight. :)