PDA

View Full Version : Sinus issues

shan
04-02-14, 19:47
This is like the 3rd day in a row I've posted on here asking about pretty much the same thing but I just feel so odd and rubbish. I feel like my head is sore and somewhat pulsing and the doctor yesterday said it was due to my sinuses but she didn't even look up my nose or anything, she just FINALLY said she'd refer me to ear, nose and throat up at the hospital but her not checking me over completely is still not putting my mind at rest because I just don't feel okay.

I'm scared that the sinus problems will move into my brain and I'm just too scared, I've had this problem for like a year! So a year of sinus problems on top of anxiety is quite tiring! :weep:

Fishmanpa
04-02-14, 19:52
Have you tried taking an OTC allergy med like Claritin or Zyrtec on a daily basis?

Positive thoughts

LunaLiuna
04-02-14, 19:53
Hey shan,

I know I said this in your other post but I've had/having all the problems you've mentioned and it's all caused by my jaw.

Check in with your dentist if you can :)

shan
04-02-14, 20:02
Have you tried taking an OTC allergy med like Claritin or Zyrtec on a daily basis?

Positive thoughts

I have started taking an allergy tablet everyday, I started like last week?

I'll try positive thinking, thank you haha :-)

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Hey shan,

I know I said this in your other post but I've had/having all the problems you've mentioned and it's all caused by my jaw.

Check in with your dentist if you can :)

I'll definitely have to! Thank you :-)

Zestyz
04-02-14, 20:51
I've had sinus problem recently too. I went to the dr last week and said it wasn't sinus and to see my dentist, who did X-rays and said everything is fine. So trip back to the drs and he has given me a nasal spray. That was 4 days ago and my cheeks are still swollen and I have pressure on my ears and banging headaches. It's really draining :(

Rennie1989
04-02-14, 20:57
If I'm correct sinus problems, like sinusitis, can last for a year. I've currently got fluid behind my ear drums which is affecting or being affected by my sinuses, had it for 5 or 6 months now. It's a bummer, but over the counter medication for sinus problems helps relieve the symptoms until it clears.

Andrash
04-02-14, 20:58
This is like the 3rd day in a row I've posted on here asking about pretty much the same thing but I just feel so odd and rubbish. I feel like my head is sore and somewhat pulsing and the doctor yesterday said it was due to my sinuses but she didn't even look up my nose or anything, she just FINALLY said she'd refer me to ear, nose and throat up at the hospital but her not checking me over completely is still not putting my mind at rest because I just don't feel okay.

I'm scared that the sinus problems will move into my brain and I'm just too scared, I've had this problem for like a year! So a year of sinus problems on top of anxiety is quite tiring! :weep:

I had sinus problems from allergies for the last 20 years. I can tell you two things:

1. It hurts like hell, and your head feels like a brick, so I totally understand your anguish.
2. It's harmless, and there is no way it can enter your brain. If Dr Google says otherwise, he's simply lying.

You're pursuing a good path seeking an opinion from ENT doctor. He'll carefully examine your nose, probably prescribe steroid spray to relieve congestion and give you antibiotics if there's an infection. Of course, sinus infections (have had a lot of these too) are also harmless and quickly subside with antibiotics.

Therefore, no worries-not life threatening, and pain will be over soon.