PDA

View Full Version : pounding, fast heart rate after a night out

Vikkistudent87
04-02-14, 21:07
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a frightening, fast pounding heart rate early hours in the morning after a night of drinking? This is really effecting my social life as I feel I dont want to go out in case this happens the morning after. It seems to subside after around half an hour or so but Im terrified im going to have a heart attack or my hearts about to stop.

Grateful for any answers

Fishmanpa
04-02-14, 21:25
Anxiety or not, drinking affects you in a negative manner. Drinking and anxiety definitely don't mix, especially if you're on meds. Smoking and drugs are equally as destructive.

Hope you feel better.

Positive thoughts

saab
06-02-14, 22:36
I would definitely either cut back on drinking or give it up. Surely it isn't so much fun that it's worth waking up with a racing heart?

Are you drinking energy drinks like Red Bull and vodka? Energy drinks, and colas, have huge amounts of caffeine and sugar and are well known for causing heart issues - google it. If so, I would stop that immediately. If it persists after cutting down drinking, I would see your gp just for reassurance.