PDA

View Full Version : Back itching waking me up

RVP
05-02-14, 07:48
Over the last few weeks Ive been woken up by an itchy back about 3/4 times in a week.
At first I thought it was the shower gel, changed that, tried sleeping in another bed, nothing.
So I have no idea! and it only itches whilst im asleep never during the day.

bluetopazgirl
05-02-14, 08:10
Hi, I am not sure whether it's linked but I had itchy skin for several weeks, I had tried new shower gel so I thought it was that - nope it wasn't, turned out to be after years of using the same washing powder.. I had suddenly had a reaction to it! changed it and it all stopped.. could that be a possibility? and I must say when I see your name I always thinking of the footballer lol :)

RVP
05-02-14, 13:22
I'm just scared there isn't something wrong with me internally..
I did have blood taken couple of days ago, so I guess if there's anything wrong it should come up right?

Although the bloods were to do with my BP I think they check liver and kidney functions.

RVP
05-02-14, 18:21
does anyone have any sort of experience with this? and what the outcome was?
I was thinking it could be the heat but when I do wake up I'm not sweating or anything

Phuzella
05-02-14, 18:29
Are you eating well?

RVP
05-02-14, 18:30
I haven't been eating properly since I've had indigestion, so I would say no.
I also noticed yesterday that I have dandruff!! could this be linked?

Phuzella
05-02-14, 18:46
Lack of certain vitamins, minerals etc can cause dry skin and itching. Maybe try to improve your diet?

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Google B vitamins and see if you think you're getting enough.

RVP
05-02-14, 22:36
I eat vegetables maybe..once or twice a week..which is quite bad.
Cereal as well, I hardly ever eat proper cereal in the morning, same with fruit..I can't remember the last time I picked up a banana and ate it, apart from an orange and apricots.

I do eat stuff like, spinach, cauliflower and green lentils.

LunaLiuna
05-02-14, 22:48
I think it would be itchy throughout the day as well if it was because of vitamins, but I could be wrong.

I know I've got these itches in the past when I'm either lied in bed or sat on a couch, I don't know what it is to be honest only that I know I've had it. They're like tiny pinprick itches that come almost in a wave. they really annoy me! I think it may be a skin reaction to a texture, but I'm not sure.

I haven't had them for a while though so I'm sure it's nothing bad :)