PDA

View Full Version : Progress?

RoseEve
05-02-14, 09:41
It's been 3 days since I've googled symptoms. I have been feeling good but last night I had a "symptom" and the urge to google was overwhelming. I said it's just this once, just to make sure. I didn't do it. I slept terribly last night which is unusual for me. I woke up this morning at 4 having a panic attack and thinking I have another symptom. Again the urge to google is strong but I'm resisting. I feel nauseous and I'm so anxious I'm almost shaking. It's as if I'm addicted to google. Is this possible? Someone help me understand what's going on please.

TooMuchToLiveFor
05-02-14, 13:13
Hey, RoseEve!
Hang in there, Girl!!

You aren't addicted to Google….you are addicted to trying to reassure yourself.

Stay off the medical sites and try to get busy with something else…..what are you planning for your family for Valentine's Day? Do you ever look at Pinterest? Or Etsy? Those are great places to spend internet time with lots of fun places to take your mind.

You are doing so much better! The dragon is just howling for your attention…..do not give in to him as it will give him the hope that all he has to do is howl long enough and you will cave and give the power back to him.

Fishmanpa
05-02-14, 13:24
Just agreeing with TooMuch...

Google has become a reassurance tool. I guess in the past, HA sufferers had medical journals as part of their library and people spent hours reading through them and looking up ailments. This is just a test and you're passing it thus far :)

It does make me wonder if companies like Google and Facebook put subliminal messages in on their sites to get people to keep coming back like advertisers do in their TV ads. People are so addicted to social media that their dying on the roads and getting hit by cars because they need to post things from their smart phones (term debatable).

Think of Google as the Borg and you're Pickard (Trekkies will understand).... They're a relentless foe but can be defeated.

Positive thoughts