PDA

View Full Version : suicidal thoughts

Lyrica
05-02-14, 11:06
The stress from starting this new job is sending me over the edge. I can't eat, I can't sleep. When I get home I cry for hours.
New things in my life increase my anxiety and in the new job I have no idea what the next day is going to be like. I'm in training and everything is new its intimidating. I'm so stressed that I'm not taking the information in. I haven't been to sleep and have a 6 hour shift later today. I CAN'T DO THIS! i can quit this job because I've quit every job I've ever had in the first few days or weeks. I just want to be a normal person. I've been thinking about killing myself because I know I have to live like this and its crippling I feel physically and emotionally drained I just don't want to feel like this anymore. I can't even describe how I'm feeling its like there is broken glass in my stomach my heart feels like its going to explode I feel sick and dizzy. I've had this feeling non stop for 3 days. I really can't live like this.

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

*I can't quit this job*

MrAndy
05-02-14, 11:22
hang in the lyrica,are you getting any counselling ?

SadKev
05-02-14, 11:29
Sorry your new job is stressing you out so much Lyrica. I don`t know if you have already done this but it may be worth making an appointment to see your GP. Again you may be taking something already but the GP may be able to prescribe something to help with the stress and anxiety in the short-term and in the longer term, they may be able to refer you for some form of counselling. Hang in there and if you need to talk at all, feel free to talk on here or private message me. :)

Lyrica
05-02-14, 11:53
I used to be on medication and I did CBT my anxiety is usually something I can control on my own but yeah I think I will go see my GP. I just really can't cope at the moment. I would do anything in the world not to feel like this.

Ermitude
05-02-14, 12:06
Hey Lyrica Just so you know, I know how you feel. Sometimes there are days when you just feel like giving up. But there is always hope. I am struggling greatly at the moment as I have had to give up work and have not much to do.Finding constructive things to do in babysteps is best- sometimes taking on too much with an all or nothing approach can make you more anxious. Hope this is helpful.x

SadKev
05-02-14, 18:48
Hi Lyrica,

I think it is a really good idea to go and see your GP. They can possibly prescribe an anti-depressant which will help to lift your mood and dull the thoughts and anxiety in the short-term and in the longer term, they may be able to refer you for either more CBT or counselling. As Ermitude has said, try not to do too much and if you can, try to be kind to yourself instead of beating yourself up. Good luck, definitely keep us updated and if you need to talk at all, as I said before either chat on here or PM me.