PDA

View Full Version : Heart races after walk for ages after

Spondoolicks
05-02-14, 15:03
Hi can anyone else reassure me about a problem I have with racing heart. I try and walk for half an hour every day to help with my anxiety. Just recently over the last couple of days I have been experiencing weird sensations like fluttering and a racing heart for about 20 minutes or so once I get in. I'm also quite out of breath even though I relax my stomach muscles while I'm out walking. The walk is all up hill on the way back but not a steep hill. I love going for this walk as I feel that it does me good but now I'm focussing on the palpitations when I get back. It seems counter-productive. I haven't panicked yet over it as I've been using the techniques in the cbt course. Please anyone that has or has had this problem please answer. I thank you in advance. :)

Freaked
05-02-14, 18:18
Have you had your heart looked at before? Anxiety can cause skipped beats for a little while after exercise, cos exercise increases adrenaline and then when the rate is slowing you can get skips. But you may also be just a little under the weather. Maybe you could leave it for a few days and see if you feel any better?

Spondoolicks
06-02-14, 10:43
My doctor has listened to my heart and I have had a ECG back in August. Both said it was fine. I was worried because it is a new symptom. I am going through a bad anxiety patch at the moment and think I might be making more of it then it is. Apart from after walking the only other time my heart races like this is first thing in the morning for a couple of hours.