PDA

View Full Version : Pain in pelvic area for nearly 4 weeks

Mogwog
05-02-14, 15:55
Hoping someone has experienced something similar. I have had pelvic pain on my right side for nearly a month now. Its near my ovary I think, its there all of the time and is worse when I am sat down - its like a dull ache and I also sometimes getting shooting pains there too.

I went to the Dr who did a urine test which was negative for pregnancy and infection, she also took swabs for STDS they came back clear too. She told me it could be IBS and to try taking my buscopan tablets. I did this for a few days with no result.

I have just come back from having a trans -vaginal scan where they looked at my womb and ovaries etc and said everything looked fine. Which is great but also doesn't explain my pain.

Has anyone had anything like this? Could it still be IBS even though it doesn't feel like the usual symptoms I have, maybe I didn't take the tablets for long enough, but when I asked the dr she said the tablets should have worked within a day or two.

I'm trying not to panic but its getting more and more difficult the longer this drags on.
XX

bluetopazgirl
05-02-14, 16:02
Hi, I can't offer much advice but I get this nearly everyday and have done since my C-section a few years ago. always the right side and to me it always feels like it's ovarian type pain and if I press the pain it is just below my scar. I always ignore it funnily enough as nothing bothers me other than Lymphoma because my swollen nodes. I'd say if all the tests come back fine then that department is all fine. Perhaps see how the pain goes and see your gp again, sorry I haven't been much help just wanted you to know your not alone x

Leslie735
05-02-14, 16:06
I had this in December/early January. Like you, just showed up, mine came and went though but like you was a dull ache. I went to see my OB/GYN she sent me for an ultrasound as well. It came back clear. Ever since I got the results that all is fine the pain has gone, it's been almost a month now. I'm so sure it was anxiety messing with me.