PDA

View Full Version : Is irrational/irratic behaviour normal with anxiety?

illgetthere
05-02-14, 16:56
I'm losing my mind I've been thinking of doing something that isn't like me at all I'd never think it but lately I have not suicide I feel epic in side mad barmy WIRED my health anxiety sky high I feel like I got no-one to turn to I feel like I'm going to hit self distruct xx

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Does anyone have manic behavior with it?

Phuzella
05-02-14, 17:13
Sounds like too much adrenaline, maybe do some exercise to burn it off

illgetthere
05-02-14, 18:51
Really adrenaline can make you do things you no is wrong

Phuzella
05-02-14, 18:59
I don't know about that but it can make you feel incredibly hyped up and on edge, as it's preparing your body for 'fight or flight'. So burning it off by exercising could help you calm down.

saab
05-02-14, 23:10
Under stress, your body releases adrenaline as part of the fight or flight response - ie. It is getting ready to run away fast, or have a fight. So it gets you all geared up, wired, edgy, ready to rumble. When you suffer from anxiety your body does this at inappropriate times. It can be triggered by something like queuing at the till, going somewhere unfamiliar, or just start on its own.

When my anxiety was really bad, panic would just come out of nowhere and surge over me like wave. The best way is to do something active, just moving or walking, as this makes your body disperse the adrenaline.

Another way is to use relaxation techniques or meditation to disperse it. Look at Tara Brachs website for gree guided meditations or google 'relaxation response' which is a quick method of calming down.