PDA

View Full Version : stress, health anxiety Help??

peter245
05-02-14, 17:09
i'm about done..
i have started school and so proud.
the teacher is fab!!
i always get these thoughts in the morning 9.30-10.00
11.00 12.00 they usually get distracted with concentration.
1. mum' might die when i'm at school questioning questioning
2. what' if i die'?
3. what if something happens to me??
the worst one is about my mum.
sometimes i'm so happy but i think oh no my mum might die and i will be depressed forever, than the fantasize starts, the emotional tearful Dread
nooo i wish i was dead'
my life will suck' i wanna just go home in my room alone'
so devastating. the psychologist said practice techniques. it helped me alot for a few weeks, but its started again. separation anxiety? general anxiety? how do i beat my mind and say its possible but its unlikely to happen,
i love school now but these ''thoughts'' really eat me up... tips i got school in 5 hours? i already had a mini complex seizure because my anxiety in my sleep.
how do i kick out the future? with great thoughts?? thanks in regards.. and i'm 15 btw not the best spelling.

Oosh
05-02-14, 19:53
"What if" thinking comes from looking in your environment for dangers.
That's normal to a certain extent.
Nothing wrong with worrying about your mum.

But if you can change that underlying focus of looking for dangers to looking for other, more positive things, you'll get those thoughts instead.

What if you meet a girl at school who is gorgeous and is always looking at you and you become friends and do everything together and it's all so be perfect and you are really happy.
You may find yourself looking around for who that girl might be.

What if you see some other lad you really like. You don't know why. He just seems like a really nice bloke and you both laugh your heads off together.
You might find yourself looking to see who a lad like that might be.

What if your mum is ok, and she's always ok and is around for a long long long time. But she wants to keep washing your underwear and bringing them over but your perfect new girlfriend does that now and it's embarrassing having your mum come over with your undies !
Different, better "what ifs" about your mum.

What if you do really well at school and get a really good opportunity for a job. What would that job be ?
You might find you start looking for job ideas and opportunities and seeing what exams you have to pass to get there.

Change your focus. Try to stop looking for dangers.
Where your focus goes your mood will follow.