PDA

View Full Version : What are you afraid of?

Two veggies
05-02-14, 22:47
It seems to me that PA's are a result of fearing something. Please can you share what you are afraid of? What is the deep down thing that makes you scared and starts a panic.... I will be honest and say it was the fear of death fr me. But now, I have found a way to deal with this worry.

LunaLiuna
05-02-14, 22:53
Sounds strange, but being trapped in my body :blush:

blue moon
06-02-14, 00:34
Bloody Snakes.:mad:

TooMuchToLiveFor
06-02-14, 01:44
As far as we (my doctors and I) can tell- mine aren't a fear of anything….they think they might be a product of post traumatic stress. When I didn't know what was going on with me I got into a panic disorder cycle (fear of fear), but now that isn't the case.
Unfortunately, since we aren't sure exactly what has caused my disorder- it is hard to address the problem.

p1007
06-02-14, 21:41
Being attacked by a big group of people, being stabbed, being humiliated..

Two veggies
06-02-14, 23:32
That's what I am trying to find out. Is the fear of dying the real issue? Is this what we are fundamentally panicking about and all trying to avoid? If so I want to put all your minds at rest

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

Bloody Snakes.:mad:
All you need to do is stamp your feet and they run off..... According to the RSPCA I have snakes in my garden, I live I. A rural area and they travel for miles to find a good compost heap which I inadvertently do have

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

Sounds strange, but being trapped in my body :blush:
Investigate astral travel, trapped you will be no more

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

A load of the same silly things as everyone else - but the one thing that really bothers me, is death. Hmm odd, next used to give a shit
I know exactly what you need to do... Message me ill tell you.

LunaLiuna
06-02-14, 23:33
I've astral traveled once before, I lucid dream most nights though ;)

Two veggies
06-02-14, 23:35
As far as we (my doctors and I) can tell- mine aren't a fear of anything….they think they might be a product of post traumatic stress. When I didn't know what was going on with me I got into a panic disorder cycle (fear of fear), but now that isn't the case.
Unfortunately, since we aren't sure exactly what has caused my disorder- it is hard to address the problem.
Pts fear of fear, you need to read feel the fear and do t anyway message me ill send you my copy

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

I've astral traveled once before, I lucid dream most nights though ;)
Well you have a gift you are not using... Google Cassandra Eason

TooMuchToLiveFor
07-02-14, 01:31
Adding to my first post,….I used to be afraid of the panic attacks, but don't think that's the case anymore. I don't like the feelings at all, but don't believe they scare me. Because I am not scared of them- I am also no longer getting them.
I think what I am now dealing with is an ongoing case of being over-sensitized to my body and a very over-active sympathetic nervous system. Of course, there are things in my life that cause me anxiety, but I am hoping once my nerves have time to heal my body will react as well as my mind does.

Jhadjkura
12-02-14, 11:39
All my friends realising i'm actually an annoying prick and leaving me,
My mum dying
My nan dying
Getting into so much debt that i have no money
having no job
ending up in a job i hate

greggs92
12-02-14, 11:46
Adding to my first post,….I used to be afraid of the panic attacks, but don't think that's the case anymore. I don't like the feelings at all, but don't believe they scare me. Because I am not scared of them- I am also no longer getting them.
I think what I am now dealing with is an ongoing case of being over-sensitized to my body and a very over-active sympathetic nervous system. Of course, there are things in my life that cause me anxiety, but I am hoping once my nerves have time to heal my body will react as well as my mind does.

That's it!! you've cracked part of it, If your don't fear the panic they cannot exist. Walking yourself through the fear and not being scared is a massive success. Well done to you! :) Have you tried camomile tea? it's great tasting, completely natural and it takes away anxiety symptoms.

C82
12-02-14, 22:40
Talking on the phone puts the fear of god in me, ridiculous!

KLP
12-02-14, 22:47
I fear that this will take long to get over/through, and that my son (who's 2) picks up on mummies anxieties. I try very very hard to hid them.

Charlotteee89
13-02-14, 00:42
I'm scared of feeling lonely & worthless, then once the anxiety kicks off I start fearing having a panic attack which in turn causes me more anxiety. :doh:

Cconnie
13-02-14, 00:54
Space and existence. I find the whole concept hard to understand and this is what makes me panic, and when I panic it makes it worse. I just see black and feel no-one can help me, as I know I can only help myself. Which makes me panic further.

Caryn
13-02-14, 17:02
this is so obvious and may not make sense but I'm afraid of panic. It consumes me.

LeFi_81
13-02-14, 17:43
What are you afraid of?

This is the ultimate question. If you know what you are afraid of, then you can actually do something about it, can't you?

Currently I cannot answer the question. What I do agree on is that I (most of us) are in a sensitized state. This leads to phobia, anxiety and keeps you trapped in the fear of fear cycle.

msm
13-02-14, 18:51
Similar to cconnie existence, what's beyond our universe the big crunch, afterlife etc