PDA

View Full Version : Hope this helps someone. My story so far.

mbarger33
06-02-14, 05:27
To whom it may concern,

Up until about a year ago I was a normal healthy male in his 30 ' s I like to think I take care of myself.. i don't smoke I eat a well balanced diet and always choose organic when it's availible.

Then an event of unknown origin happened. For me it was losing a man that was close to me.. An immortal figure that has been in my life and close since I was born.. my grandfather. Passed last year of kidney failure, the reason I bring this up is because until recently I had no idea that this turn of events would be the precursor to my health anxiety.. I'll lay out this post in a Time line of events that happened.. what I thought I had versus what I was clinically diagnosed with.

This might be a bit personal but I open myself up to everyone in hopes this will help someone who's afraid to discuss body stuff.. Hence we are all in this section for medical reasons anyway no?

The Start of it all..

Pinkish blood and booty itch/flat stools, pebble stools

Google Diagnosed me with with liver failure, pancreas cancer, colon cancer. My grandmother passed from colon cancer.. After reading Dr. Google I had convinced myself that I was dying, so much so that I was scared to go to my doctor.

Actual diagnose. Hemorrhoid and IBS

tests: stool samples, blood work, abdominal ultrasound.

Chest pains/stabbing/crushing/palputations/thumping heart

Google Diagnosed me with a heart attack, blocked arteries, irregular heart beat, failing valve, heart disease and heart failure.

Actual diagnoses: nothing chest pain and palputations caused by anxiety and muscle tension

tests done: 3 ECG, full blood work, stress ECG 14 minutes of recording with cheat pains during the test. My heart was functioning fine during the pains. The test consisted of 12 leeds on my chest and one on my leg. Blood preassure, heart rate and heart all checked out perfectly. No blocked arteries.

tremors

Google told me I was having mild seizures from taking Ativan and possibly heart problems from potential stroke.

Actual diagnose: anxiety.

breathing issues, tightness

Google said lung cancer. Fluid build up. Get to ER.

Actual diagnoses: anxiety

tests: xray, capacity test

whitish hard lumps in lower jaw

Google said mouth cancer

actual diagnosed: Tori aka the jaw bone keeps growing for some reason and causes bone lumps.

Test: dental oral exam.

My fight with my anxiety dragon is still at war. However I've noticed a lot of fellow suffers putting off doctor visits and self diagnosing. I perfectly understand and I've been there. But there is so much comfort in going to see a medical professional, having some tests done and being told what's really wrong with you.. and not what some search engine compiled based on keywords of your search.

I've learned in the past 3 months that the sooner you see a doctor when health anxiety issues show up. The sooner you can start focusing on healing the mind..

remember in order to battle an epic dragon you need to arm yourself with the finest made armors and weapons forged from hard facts.

i hope this helps to motivate some of you visit your GP and get some awnsers to help heal

If anyone was to PM me to ask questions about any of these tests feel free. If for some reason you don't feel comfortable asking on this topic.

my only regret is not going to the doctors sooner and dependingon scary google for all my awnsers.. sSelf diagnosing is like trying to space travel without engineers or scientists. Sure you can do it.. but it's dangerous!

Cheers:yesyes:

mandshere2000
06-02-14, 06:19
Hi
Just read your post and found it so interesting, also found
it's help me understand when I get certain aches and pains etc
that it's not something terrible, so thank you for sharing
Manda

---------- Post added at 06:19 ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 ----------

oh forgot to say on last post:doh:
Sorry to hear about your grandfather sending big:hugs:

katielou80
06-02-14, 07:07
can totally understand, ive been there too, its awful health anxiety, really really awful xx

Bet jim
25-02-14, 07:19
Good morning and thank you for your post. What you say makes so much sense. Battling with health anxiety is such a horrible thing and can be a very lonely quest.
I view HA as a beast. A beast that needs to kept under control and in its cage! Googling ( which I have to regularly stop myself from doing) unlocks the cage and let's the beast run wild.

Freaked
25-02-14, 14:24
Very true! I only wish I could always believe the docs :-P